• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

∞ signs that you've been cubing for too long

Sion

3553: You end up designing your own cube because you are unsatisfied with all the other hardware out there.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
3554: You get mad at people for creating new progress threads every time they learn 5 algs. Cough cough @LukasCubes cough cough. (Nope, that's everybody.)
3554: You cube instead of doing homework. (No, everybody does that too...)

3554: You have a Rubik's Cube tissue box cover. (Yes, I really do. You can buy it here.)
JK it's actually here.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3554: You get mad at people for creating new progress threads every time they learn 5 algs. Cough cough @LukasCubes cough cough. (Nope, that's everybody.)
3554: You cube instead of doing homework. (No, everybody does that too...)

3554: You have a Rubik's Cube tissue box cover. (Yes, I really do. You can buy it here.)
JK it's actually here.
I have one too, it looks nice. Also, nice Rickroll. I made the link shorter tho.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3555. It starts with the hands, as the turning continues. Turn. Turn. Turn. Turn. Then it moves to the forearms. Turn. Turn. Turn. It spreads to the chest. Turn. Turn. It goes to the rest of the body. Turn. The shape is subtle, unrecognizable at first. Then the person moves the cube, the cube moves the cube, and the cube moves the person. The form becomes more tight, becoming almost square, with bony hands and squared shoulders. Soon, it becomes sharp, and painful, so no-one can hug you anymore. Then it looks dry and cracked, and you find that you can no longer experience water on your face. It stings. But still you keep turning. Turn, turn, turn, turn, turn. Soon you see the dividing lines. They appear as crevices, microscopic in comparison to real canyons, but feeling just as real. Eventually you stumble upon the stark realization that your face has turned white. You cannot splash color on to it anymore. Your hands turn red and orange. Your feet become yellow. From your lower chest to your knees, it's a blue shade. You can tell without even looking that on your back you're turning green. You become ashamed to show yourself in public, but still you keep turning, expecting it to turn all your problems away. Turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn. You are getting shorter by the day, and your left hand is unmovable. Your right hand is stiff as plastic. You soon cannot reach help, because you are so short. Turn. Your right hand gives way to the curse and you start using your feet. Turn, turn. Just as with your hands, your feet slowly stiffen. Soon your feet don't work. In those last few minutes, you try, try to move to the phone, so someone will hear you... Your eyes have been swallowed up by the crevices. Your legs are stiffening... You reach out for help... You lose touch... You lose smell... You lose hearing... You lose your mouth, so no-one can hear your futile screams. You know that it's too late... You begin to lose consciousness... You are now unable to think. Your heartbeat is all that remains. THUMP, thump, thu... You are just a cube now. No-one will care about you...​
The hands reach out for you. The rhythm begins again.
Turn, turn, turn, turn...

SpeedyCube

3557. You start drifting off to sleep. As you do so, you start to solve a cube in your head. It’s an algorithm that you know will never work, but it somehow does, and you don’t really care at that point....

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3560. Your Final Will and Testament includes who you’re leaving your cube collection to (the will part) and detailed instructions on how to solve them (the testament part).

3561. Someone says “magnetic” and you think cubing, while they were referring to the fridge. (Actually happened.)
I actually liked my grandma's Rubik's cubes so much she said she'd leave them to me in her will.
(She's currently alive and well which is good)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have started genning out 5-style UF algs seriously. I started with 3-style in 2014, and Letter Quads in 2017. I still have a long way to go before implementing 5-style into events like 3BLD and MBLD.

DNF_Cuber

3367. You spend time modding a puzzle that you aren't good at, and you end up making it worse by messing up the stickers (It wasn't that bad though)
3368. You make your own logo's