• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Yuxin kylin vs Moyu Aolong v2 vs Moyu Weilong v2

Nick4nick6

WCA
2015GAYE01
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if you could give me an idea of what speedcube I should buy out of those three above.
I average under a minute and like cubes with smooth feels.I also want a cube that will be moderately fast and will not slow me down.I want a controllable cube but don't one that pops a lot and. It would be good if you could help me find a cube for use.

WCA
2015NADA01
I would recommend the Aolong V2, it's smooth and very slightly scratchy, very stable(almost never pops), and also pretty fast, but not at the point of being uncontrollable.

illius

WCA
2015VIRJ01
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering if you could give me an idea of what speedcube I should buy out of those three above.
I average under a minute and like cubes with smooth feels.I also want a cube that will be moderately fast and will not slow me down.I want a controllable cube but don't one that pops a lot and. It would be good if you could help me find a cube for use.

This post should be in the 'what cube to buy' thread, but I'll answer it anyway. At some point a moderator will move it anyway, hopefully.

I think that the YuXin is the best choice, as it is not too slow, it is very smooth and rarely pops, if at all. In addition, it is the cheapest on the list. Should you find it too slow, first try Maru lube, and if it is still too slow, replace the springs with Maru CX3 soft springs, which may be obtained from thecubicle.us. You may want to buy them with the cube, as it is rather slow if you like fast cubes, just not too slow.

I hope this helps.

WCA
2015NADA01
I've tried a yuxin, to me it seemed pretty similar to the Aolong feel-wise, I don't really remember, but I think it was pretty good [emoji14]

Sent from my Z00D using Tapatalk

fiftyniner

IMO aolong is the better choice, not because it is a better cube, but simply because it is a pretty "safe" buy - almost no pops, corner twist, turns nice (to those who are new to Moyu cubes - its like the cube runs on a train track), and corner cut well.

With factory setting (no mods), their speeds are almost the same...

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yuxin is much more controllable, and a little quieter. Add CX3 soft springs, and BAM! ultimate speedcube right there. My weilong v2 is terrific, but I'm slightly biased. It's my 3rd weilong main in a row, so....

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

All three are in this video. Of those three I like my AoLong better. All three are good.

Now to back away slowly

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
weilong is fast, a bit flimsy, smoothish, crunchy, loud, and at least from the weilong that I had, a bit locking and SOME pops
aolong (v2?) is a bit slower, stable, snappy, smooth, corner cuts good, and if you put it at loose tensions it'll pop
yuxin's speed can be changed with lube and cx3 springs, but generally it's a medium controllable speed which I already liked out of the box, corner cuts really good, no pops whatsoever on medium tensions, and no locking issues, has a smooth somewhat snappy feel

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the bottom line is Yuxin for you. You're still too slow to benefit from a crazy fast cube, and the Yuxin is excellent when set up to be slow. It's also cheap, not even busting $10.

fiftyniner

All three are in this video. Of those three I like my AoLong better. All three are good.
wow - excellent and accurate review, given the short duration for the video

Meiying is missing from the review? Thought it superseded the Yueying...:confused: