• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yuxin Blue 4x4 Spring Swap

Millsii

With the recent posts about the Yuxin Blue requiring Thunderclap springs to function well I began experimenting.

Firstly I put the recommended Thunderclap springs in the cube; it performed much better.

When I did this I put the Blue's springs in the Thunderclap; I din't like it. So I found a worn out Fangshi Shuangren v2 and put those springs in the Thunderclap and noticed that the Fangshi springs were softer than the original Thunderclap springs and that's when it struck me.

I placed the Fangshi springs inside the Yuxin Blue 4x4 and it performed even better than it having the Thunderclap springs. It became considerably faster in all the layers and i would recommend anyone who found they liked the feel of the Thunderclap springs in the Blue to swap them for Fangshi Shuangren springs.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I first put WeiSu soft springs in the Yuxin Blue and they don't increase the performance that much. It still seemed sluggish. With the Thunderclap V2 springs, it was incredibly fast and easy to handle. This is my main 4x4.

The Blue springs are useless. I put Mary soft springs in my Thunderclap V2 and it's CRAZY fast and out of control! I like it. Not my main 3x3, but it's fun.

I lube the Yuxin Blue with one drop of Cubicle weight 2 or 3 on the inside of each ring. Then, I lube the rest of it with about 4 to 6 drops total of cubicle weight 1 and about 2 drops total of Cubicle Silk.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I put the Thunderclap springs from the thunderclap I won at my last comp and the Yuxin blue it better. The tensions needed a bit of tinkering since the corners were loose but not the edges or centres. The corner would be able to move be around a lot without other pieces moving.