• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your Pet Peeve(s)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Non-Cubing:
School assignments/homework! :mad:
People who show off a lot.
People who lie a lot.

Agreed!
I am sick of homework. It wastes my time and it drags my grade down. Then people (like my parents) are like, "WTF?? Why do you have [x amount] B's?!"

Well, I mean, I guess it only drags my grade down because I don't do it, but w/e...

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol I agree!

Peeves:

People that accuse me of cheating in the most obnoxious way possible

ex. CHEATAARRRR!!!!!!
ex. YOU CHEATED YOU DUMMY!!!!!!!

you get the picture. lol it's ok if they just say you cheated. then I prove that I didn't but they don't need to blow out my eardrums just because they are jealous that I can do something they can't. lol

and pretty much everything else that anyone has put in this thread already.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Things I do not like:

General

The human race getting ever closer to extinction and destroying the race and the environment with it. I gave up on the entire human race as a teenager in the mid 1980's. I really hope the human race can avoid destroying themselves and look forward to a golden future, but probability says it will not happen.

Cubing

Edge pairing (but slowly getting better)

YouTube
Visit Channel
these are cubing related and non-cubing related mixed.

-when i order something on the internet and it takes forever to come in the mail
-most of the time when i leave the house i feel like I'm forgetting something
-when my 4x4 locks constantly
-when my stickers fade or peel. i cant use the cube anymore.
-school projects, because i always procrastinate. they get done, but always late...

ErikJ

WCA
2007JOHN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
for some reason it drives me crazy when people say V-cube 5, V-cube 6, or V-cube 7. no one says eastsheen 2 or mefferts 4 or rubik's 3. it just sounds so dumb. also regarding vcubes, why even bother saying it's a vcube 6x6 or vcube 7x7? is someone going to think "oh, he didn't say it was a V-cube, maybe Rubik's made their own 6x6s and 7x7s"

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
for some reason it drives me crazy when people say V-cube 5, V-cube 6, or V-cube 7. no one says eastsheen 2 or mefferts 4 or rubik's 3. it just sounds so dumb. also regarding vcubes, why even bother saying it's a vcube 6x6 or vcube 7x7? is someone going to think "oh, he didn't say it was a V-cube, maybe Rubik's made their own 6x6s and 7x7s"

2 words and one hyphen.

Knock-Offs.

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
My cubing pet peeves:

1. People who say "don't you ever get bored of doing the same thing all the time?"
2. People who say "oh I always used to just peel the stickers off" when they blatantly never did.
3. People who always solve from green...

Non-cubing pet peeves:

1. People not capitalising letters at the start of sentences.
2. People who say it's stupid to put a double space at the start of sentences when actually it looks much neater.

Johannes91

People who say it's stupid to put a double space at the start of sentences when actually it looks much neater.
People who say double space looks much neater when actually it looks exactly the same as one space in HTML.
Maybe I'm not talking about HTML?
Maybe I'm not talking about you?

Some users on this forum have said that it looks more "professional" or something like that and that's why they use it in their own posts.

My pet peeve: People who haven't spent any time or effort learning mathematics/science/etc. and accuse those who have for being "talented" or "gifted" and complain how unfair it is that they aren't so lucky.

Si1v3rx51ay3r

My pet peeve.

Getting hit in the eye.

I mean, EVERYTHING hits the eyes.

A soccerball, basketball, pellet, cube, baseball, a person's hands, dust, and GAHHH

Also, when a cube locks up when you are trying to do a PLL and on the verge of beating your PB.

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. people who say " oh yeah i know a guy who can solve in like 10 seconds" when im solving at school

2.people who ALWAYS want me to solve their cube

Last edited: