• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your old speedcubes?

WBCube

WCA
2013BARN01
Back around 2008, all there really was for speedcubes was various DIYs, which I wasn't really a fan of. I had a C4U DIY and a Puzzlepros DIY, both popped like no other and were generally pretty slow. I just ended up using a Rubik's brand for a while, it actually ended up pretty good with a lot of breaking in and lube etc

So anyway, Rubik's --> C4U + Puzzlepros DIY --2012--> Zhanchi --> Guhong V2

I lost my old DIYs unfortunately, I would love to see how they stack up to the newer cubes we have today

I switch between my Zhanchi and Guhong

G

Georgeanderre

When I started of course I had a Rubik's brand.. Which I later modified to make it better before going on the natural progression to a DIY which in my case was the, back then, 'new' A2 which was brilliant but still not as good as my modified Rubik's which had got me down to around 25 seconds.

I stayed with these two cubes for almost 2 years switching back and forth between the two whenever I felt my cube was too loose or too tight until I went to my first competition with the intention of upgrading my cube, as one does at a competition I tested as many cubes as I could lay my hands on and eventually settled on a torpedo-less ZhanChi which I bought almost as soon as I got home.

Since then I have used that ZhanChi and this November I am going to another competition where I will almost certainly considering upgrading once more.. Although as fast as I am at the moment, the ZhanChi is probably all I need, why get a cube that is too fast for you?

sa11297

WCA
2011AGAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rubiks, AV, Guhong (white), haiyan's haiyan, (guhong ?), Lingyun with screw mod, Guhong, zhanchi, guhong, OH zhanchi by the cubicle, self modded zhanchi

I cannot remember too well.

Rubik's Brand
Modded Rubik's Brand (Really fast... i still use it sometimes :p)
Guhong V1 Stickerless
Zhanchi

nqwe

Rubik's 3x3
Rubik's 4x4
Type A1
Floppy Cube
Rubik's 5x5
Type F1
Guhong
Zhanchi
VCube 5