• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

You know you are a speedcuber when...

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How I explain it to non-cubers: scramble it like a 3x3, then:
"You put those pieces in the middle together *points to centres*
Then these ones *points to a few edges"
Then you just solve it like a 3x3"
Most people will understand that.

They think it's a different experience somehow.

D

Deleted member 19792

BUMP REVIVE (Sorry for grave-digging)

When you threaten to kill someone with a Lunhui

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or when R2 D2 reminds you of A-perms instead of star wars.
None of the 7 A perms I use have R2 D2 in them. Also, I never remember the moves for most algs, just muscle memory. Except my Y perm, which is both. I remember it as take out back pair, F2, re-insert back pair, do D layer preserving orientation. The ending is really easy to remember because it's just R2' U' R2 U' R2'.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
None of the 7 A perms I use have R2 D2 in them. Also, I never remember the moves for most algs, just muscle memory. Except my Y perm, which is both. I remember it as take out back pair, F2, re-insert back pair, do D layer preserving orientation. The ending is really easy to remember because it's just R2' U' R2 U' R2'.

How does that relate to my post? I see you're back on the forums. Cool y-perm. I'm too lazy to learn that one :p

CubeSurfer

Just had a moment today when my girlfriend said, "OMG PLL is on tonight!" I was confused why she knew what PLL was and what it was on, until she explained to me that PLL stands for the TV show "Pretty Little Liars."

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just had a moment today when my girlfriend said, "OMG PLL is on tonight!" I was confused why she knew what PLL was and what it was on, until she explained to me that PLL stands for the TV show "Pretty Little Liars."

Haha, I couldn't even figure out what she meant either because obviously, to a speedcuber, "PLL" can only mean one thing.

CubeSurfer

I know right?! Also, you know you're a speedcuber when you let out a victory shout, and your girlfriend walks in and says, "New PB average of five?" True story haha. She puts up with my cubing, therefor she is a keeper!

brian724080

I know right?! Also, you know you're a speedcuber when you let out a victory shout, and your girlfriend walks in and says, "New PB average of five?" True story haha. She puts up with my cubing, therefor she is a keeper!

Awesome, the people who I deal with everyday are so used to my speedcubing now that they don't even bother with the noise.