• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] YJ GuanLong 3x3x3

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Good

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • Average

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Below Average

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

dott

Acquired from: championscubestore
Thoughts: Its different then any other cube. Its quit fast, has a nice feel and no big issues.
I don't really like the light feel and up to now was not able to lube it properly. I got a crooked center piece but it does not seem to matter at all.
I think its a cube worth buying and i would like to see a sticker less one.

pdilla

Bought from thecubicle.us
Thoughts: Wibbily wobbly. My god, the corners feel like they are miles away from the edges. But all in all, a great cube for the price. Very light in weight, and it feels like it will crumble apart in my hands at any second, but it holds together all the way.

Worth it. Buying more now. $$

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this cube in December from the cubicle.

Feel: Buttery smooth with an ever so slight bumpiness. Its very light ( a bit too light for my taste)

corner cutting: 45 normal and half a cubie reverse. Reverse takes a bit of force. 3.5 of 5

pops: this cube has never popped on me or even came close to popping. 5 of 5

catches and lockups: I have no issues with catching on this cube, except maybe when I'm a little sloppy with my turning 4.5 of 5

speed: not to fast but not slow either (4 of 5) very controllable ( 5 of 5)

floppiness : this cube feels a bit sloppy at times but doesn't bother me due to my lighter turning. 3 of 5

stickers are durable and have nice shades (best stock stickers i've seen). I have never had a corner twist on me. The hardware seems pretty good,
and the center caps stay on well. the plastic is a bit soft ( I prefer harder plastic) but feels high quality. 5 of 5

Final score: 30 of 35 Grade: B+ Recommendation: Yes

I'm not too big on this cube, but this certainly deserves an B+ as i can't find any major flaw with this cube. However, it does not excel in anything either. Its great for people of any skill level and perfect for modding or as gifts.
Btw I have tensioned this cube a bit and lubed it with weight 2 from the cubicle

Last edited:

adiwastu

WCA
2011WAST01
mine just arrived today!! ordered from champion cube store 42 days ago :p (freeshipping, i'm at Indonesia)

total is 2 dollars (cube+pouch)

the cube is light, a bit too light for me, and small, slightly smaller than guhong, but the twist is nice, cutting corner is ok. overall, a pretty good cube.

my new main cube for blindfold solving :D

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So it's been awhile for this thread. I donated my Guanlong to the place I work at for kids to play with. The other day I took it home to clean/lube it. Holy cow, I'm getting such good times on this cube. Aside from a corner missing a piece (It came like that.. just the inside, but my finger catches it sometimes), I feel like this could be a new main for me. The lightness is actually nice. I hated it at first, but everything moves so easily.

AlexMaass

WCA
2011MAAS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So it's been awhile for this thread. I donated my Guanlong to the place I work at for kids to play with. The other day I took it home to clean/lube it. Holy cow, I'm getting such good times on this cube. Aside from a corner missing a piece (It came like that.. just the inside, but my finger catches it sometimes), I feel like this could be a new main for me. The lightness is actually nice. I hated it at first, but everything moves so easily.

Using child labor to break in cubes xD.

nck16503

WCA
2014KUBI04
I bought 4 of these cubes, and I think they are definitely worth a lot more than the price. The feel light and extremely fast:) I bought them from eBay (new in the box)