• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WR Fewest Moves

gijmy

Done at Barcelona on the 24 of April by me (Jimmy Coll)
Scramble : U L2 U' R2 B2 U L2 D2 R2 F2 R2 F L F' D2 L' U B' D R2 F'
Solution :
U L U R2 U2 (bloc 222)
B D' R2 D' B R' (cross + second F2L)
B2 U' B U (3rd F2L)
D B2 D2 B' D2 B' D' (4th F2L + LL skip)
22 moves :D

I'm so happy :D

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whoa 22 moves!

Wasn't it calculated that it takes an average of 23 moves to optimally solve the cube?

I think it is 21 now, chuber. I can't be sure but I heard that somewhere.

No, the average optimal solution length for Rubik's cube positions is estimated to be about 17.7 face turns.

There isn't any position yet known to require more than 20 face turns, and it's been proven that none require more than 22 face turns.

And congratulations, Jimmy!

4 moves more than optimal... U D L' F2 R' F2 R U F U' D F2 U2 L' U2 B' L' B (18f*)

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As far as we know, it's now possible that someone may attempt an official event without any chance of breaking the WR on that attempt.
(Upper bound on God's number is 22.)

Careful, Lucas. The *proven* upper bound on God's number is 22, but almost every cube theorist agrees that God's number is 20, even though it hasn't been proven yet. So it will still always be technically possible to break the WR.

I'm not convinced that the 2x2 single WR is always possible to break, incidentally.