• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs - 5x5 WRs - 47.88 Average & 41.24 Single

Gomorrite

And with this he reaches his 100th WR in his cubing career. These are all the people he has taken records from:
  • Himself - 63 times
  • Sebastian Weyer - 6 times
  • Kevin Hays - 6 times
  • Dan Cohen - 3 times
  • Giovanni Contardi - 3 times
  • Mats Valk - 2 times
  • Michał Halczuk - 2 times
  • Bence Barát - 2 times
  • Rowe Hessler - 1 time
  • Tomasz Żołnowski - 1 time
  • Max Park - 1 time
  • Erik Akkersdijk - 1 time
  • Han-Cyun Chen - 1 time
  • Haixu Zhang - 1 time
  • Kristopher De Asis - 1 time
  • Yumu Tabuchi - 1 time
  • Piotr Alexandrowicz - 1 time
  • Przemysław Kaleta - 1 time
  • Haixin Yang - 1 time
  • Antoine Cantin - 1 time
  • Ville Seppänen - 1 time

And with this he reaches his 100th WR in his cubing career. These are all the people he has taken records from:
  • Himself - 63 times
  • Kevin Hays - 6 times
  • Dan Cohen - 3 times
  • Giovanni Contardi - 3 times
  • Mats Valk - 2 times
  • Michał Halczuk - 2 times
  • Bence Barát - 2 times
  • Rowe Hessler - 1 time
  • Tomasz Żołnowski - 1 time
  • Max Park - 1 time
  • Erik Akkersdijk - 1 time
  • Han-Cyun Chen - 1 time
  • Haixu Zhang - 1 time
  • Kristopher De Asis - 1 time
  • Yumu Tabuchi - 1 time
  • Piotr Alexandrowicz - 1 time
  • Przemysław Kaleta - 1 time
  • Haixin Yang - 1 time
  • Antoine Cantin - 1 time
  • Ville Seppänen - 1 time
Will he ever hit 250 WRs?

RubikZz

WCA
2010HERR03
Great job again!
Does someone knows of he has a coach? I think it would be hard to train so long to stand on the top without a coach or something. In every sport the athlete has a coach.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Great job again!
Does someone knows of he has a coach? I think it would be hard to train so long to stand on the top without a coach or something. In every sport the athlete has a coach.
I don't think so, for two reasons on top of just the fact he's never mentioned it:
-There isn't really a lot a coach could do, aside from maybe keep him on a schedule if he's bad with that (I don't think he is). Even if he weren't on top, it's just not the sort of sport where you can learn a lot from a coach -Closest we've got is people reconstructing and critiquing solves.
-Cubing also doesn't really benefit from any sort of regimen or structured practice. In general it's best just to practice when you feel like it and try new things or different approaches as you please, 'cause it's not like physical endurance or anything like that where you benefit from pushing yourself, if you don't want to do it you won't try and you won't improve.

ozie

• Himself - 63 times
  • Kevin Hays - 6 times

He had not much competition besides 4x4 and 6x6 :rolleyes:

EmperorZant

WCA
2015LAUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, he did only break it by 0.03 seconds. Still, though...
I can certainly understand why he broke Single by so little, though. Despite that Feliks has recently (yesterday, according to the UWR page), gotten the first Sub-41 solve (41.03 -> 40.98), the 5x5 WR Single still has the least time difference between it and its unofficial counterpart. Also, Feliks has really closed the gap between the 3x3 WR Average and the 3x3 UWR Average (his PB), as well as strengthened his lead between him and WR2 for both 5x5 Single and 7x7 Mean (Some of the Blind events have a greater difference, but they're not as competitive):
Comparisons Highlighted.png

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can certainly understand why he broke Single by so little, though. Despite that Feliks has recently (yesterday, according to the UWR page), gotten the first Sub-41 solve (41.03 -> 40.98), the 5x5 WR Single still has the least time difference between it and its unofficial counterpart. Also, Feliks has really closed the gap between the 3x3 WR Average and the 3x3 UWR Average (his PB), as well as strengthened his lead between him and WR2 for both 5x5 Single and 7x7 Mean (Some of the Blind events have a greater difference, but they're not as competitive):
View attachment 8126

You shouldn't think so much. He just broke it because he had good solve on a new cube.

Gomorrite

He has been continuously holding the 5x5 average WR since the 4th of Septermber of 2010. Approaching seven years now... I am curious to see if he can reach a decade. I think he will need to improve it further to reach the decade. Right now Seng Hyun Nahm, Max Park and possibly some others clearly have potential to do it. (Kevin Hays has been trying for too long without accomplishing it, so I don't think he is much of a menace anymore)