• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will the Ghost Cube series ever be mass-produced?

Quuador

Hi,

I really love the Ghost Cubes and would love to have one.
But since I only collected twisty puzzles since a short time and I'm not willing to pay 100+ dollar for a single puzzle, I was wondering when these great kind of cubes will be mass-produced (if they will be at all).

Thanks in advance for the responses,

PS: I've seen a similar topic, but that was from three years ago..

Greetz,
Quuador

Quuador

I would love this. It seems to be pretty popular, so it may happen. Maybe we can petition Calvin from hknowstore to make it?
Well, you have my vote for that. ;)
I just find it strange that a puzzle that is already around since begin 2009 which a lot of cubers seem to want isn't mass-produced yet. :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

Maccoboy

i really hope these do get made, i already have the 3x3 version but would still be amazing to have the whole set mass produced and i would so buy them all :p as long as they're well made, some mass produced puzzles are crap quality, hope these would not turn out that way... :p

Yes.. they should be able to.. but I think copyrights may come into play there. You can copy the design and make one, just peachy, but you are NOT allowed to sell it as far as I know. A recent discussion about this on Twistypuzzles.. found it: http://www.twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25233&start=0.

Now if the originating designer would contact someone like mf8 it could be done I am sure but I don't know if he'd want/do that.

Last edited:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
I don't know to be honest.. you'd have to ask :)

It is cheaper to get him to make you one.
I recently ordered 2 --> 4 and they cost me about twice the price of a single shapeways 3x3 ghost.

He may have a company mass produce them once people stop ordering them from him if the cut is good.