• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who will get the first sub-1:30 6x6 mean?

Who will get a sub-1:30 6x6 mean?

• Feliks Zemdegs

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Kevin Hays

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gomorrite

I see both with similar possibilities. But since they are not that close yet, someone else getting it first also seems quite plausible.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I did it because your right.

Fair enough, although in all honesty I pretty much pulled that prediction out of my ear. My reasoning is simply that Feliks is really good and has a history of breaking new WRs, but Kevin is also really good and I like Kevin and want him to do well (nothing against Feliks, I've never actually met either of them).

Fair enough, although in all honesty I pretty much pulled that prediction out of my ear. My reasoning is simply that Feliks is really good and has a history of breaking new WRs, but Kevin is also really good and I like Kevin and want him to do well (nothing against Feliks, I've never actually met either of them).
Neither have I, but I will soon at the WC!
Next thing you know, someone's gonna make this for all other 16 events.
Your probably right.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Voted for Feliks, because that's what I really expect. Kevin has too big ego

I see both with similar possibilities. But since they are not that close yet, someone else getting it first also seems quite plausible.

How they are not close? They could even get 1:25 mean anytime

Gomorrite

How they are not close? They could even get 1:25 mean anytime
I didn't say it could not happen anytime. I see nothing to suggest that it will be imminent nor anything to suggest otherwise. They always get much fewer chances to establish an average on big cubes, so whether it comes soon or not has too much to do with luck.

Ksh13

WCA
2016HARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Voted Kevin as he focuses a lot more on 6x6 than Feliks. Heck, he got triple parity on the last solve of his 6x6 WR avg, the 1:29.19. He just needs to get lucky with parity for once, and he is very much capable of doing it any time now.