• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which OS?

Which OS?

• Total voters

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just wondering what OS' people prefer. personally im betting linux is high on the list along with windows and macs lose out (the geeks/nerds of the cubing community might not go for the arty farty macs...)

Im a Vista boy, btw

So XP, Vista, Mac OSX, Linux, or pre-XP Windows?

N

nitrocan

I have an i mac (mac osx) with windows installed on boot camp. i have another laptop with vista which i dont use anymore.

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01
Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD and OS X. Never owned a copy of Windows, never paid a dime for Microsoft product and never, ever will. :p
4837%27
4837%27

I'm pretty impressed at the amount of Linux in the group, but hey... smart people make smart choices. :)

Last edited:
N

nitrocan

microsoft steals your information!!!
and windows is full of hacks and viruses.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
microsoft steals your information!!!
and windows is full of hacks and viruses.
You do know that Windows has MUCH better security than Mac right? People say Windows is worse because most of the viruses and spyware and all that stuff is targeted against Windows. No one attacks Macs compared to Windows.

I can't find where I read this but... There was a hack test for Linux, Windows, and Mac. Mac took 5 minutes, Windows took a few days, and Linux was never successfully hacked.

Last edited:

crabs!!!

OSX FTW! Vista FTL.

Vista?! Is that even an option?

Vista doesn't deserve to be called an OS. Vista is a disgrace to everything IT related... and i want a personal apology from Bill Gates.

Its improved greatly thanks to service pack 1. It is actually a very good OS if you need to have more than 3 gigs of ram. I do not use Vista but saying its a bad OS is just spreading false information around.

Macs are just WAY too over priced so for me who likes bang for the buck (even with a 2000 dollar system). Plus everything a Mac can do either linux/windows can do at a cheaper price 95% of the time.

I use Xubuntu linux and it does everything I want to do (except play tf2 so I dual boot but I'm on Xubuntu 90% of the time).

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I'm surprised at the number of Linux users. But I guess the cubing community isn't quite representative of the general population.

I've been a Windows girl for most of my life, but switched to Ubuntu about a year and a half ago and never looked back.