• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which brands make decent quality Magic Snakes / Rulers?

n00bCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Shengshou 24 piece snake, and a Diansheng 72 piece snake.

I've not used them that much yet but they seem to be decent enough quality, the pieces are held together by rivets, although for all I know they may break after a bit more use.

I had a Rubik's snake in the 80's which got a lot of use and never broke.

Some companies that make snakes however, use string to hold the pieces together instead of rivets. I had a mini one of these, and it broke on the 2nd day of owning it. I've also heard that the Ling Ao or Kai Yue snakes are held together by string and fall apart too after a short while.

I'd really like to buy some more snakes of different sizes, but I want to make sure that I get ones which aren't going to break.

Recently I've discovered two other companies that make snakes, one is Yong Jun and the other is something like Zin Lexin (it's hard ro read from the pictures), but I've got no idea whether the snakes are good enough quality or not.

Last edited: