• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When are you at your best?

WCA
2012KALH01
on competitions when practicing for official solves.

as for my practice routine, it takes me like 10 solves or a Time Attack to warm up my hands.
after about 50 consecutive solves, i lose concentration and my times drop extremely.

If i keep cubing for several hours, i tend to get to a state where i get a good solve with lookahead and dps ans **** and a crappy solve interchangingly... goes like
10 16 11 14 10 15 10 14

and it goes on like that, lol

Last edited:
So I see most consistent times in the afternoon. If my fingers are cold I am shot. Early morning after about 5 solves I am good too. Late at night adds easily 30% to my time if I am not hyper focused. I just found out today that white noise wrecks me. I was pulling horrible 1:30-1:45min solves and when I finally blocked out the white noise I got my personal best of 53 seconds. Go figure.

WCA
2015HERM01
I think I am the best right before noon. Then I am still fresh and not tired by day.
Another thing is, that I can cube before noon only on non-working days, so maybe I am well rested (longer sleep) these days.

I'm my best after I've had dinner and my fingers are nice and warm. But I've found that when it gets near 11 pm my times start to slip dramatically and I can barely concentrate.

I'm at my best when I'm relaxed, rested and not hungry.
Also weird thing is that I get better times, and consistency while I have earplugs in my ears which is quite surprising.
Someone should try this out and see how it will work for him.

In an average of 100 with no warmup im usually bad for the first 5, peak at best between 30 - 50 and slow down as i near 100

WCA
2012BEAH01
I can't really tell when I'm at my best. Normally my times are consistent and don't vary. But there has been a few times when I feel like I am getting too many sub 8's and sub 9's for reasons I can't explain.