• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the difference between a normal Rubik's Cube and a 25th Anniversary cube?

CuberDude

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen some people using a Rubik's 25th Anniversay cube as their main speedcube. (like Thrawst).
I'm pretty interested in that cube because some people said that it's better than the regular ones. But what are the differences? I know it has silver stickers instead of white and has a special logo on it.

janelle

WCA
2010TINJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel

d_sprink

One word: Quality.

Mine had white stickers, but it's my main speedcube (textured tiles now) and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. It's just better quality. Turns really smoothly, never pops (maybe 5 times in the last 4 years)... what more could you ask for?

D

Deleted member 2864

Exactly what D sprink said =D

I'm pretty sure it also comes with a silver side too.

Ton

WCA
2003DENN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen some people using a Rubik's 25th Anniversay cube as their main speedcube. (like Thrawst).
I'm pretty interested in that cube because some people said that it's better than the regular ones. But what are the differences? I know it has silver stickers instead of white and has a special logo on it.

The 25th Anniversay cube is the same as any cube in the hexagon Packing , which using a different mold. They cubes in hexagon are better for speedcubing as before. The silver sticker cube insteqad of white is the Wallmarkt cube or the one from Disney. The Rubik in the hexagon packing has white stickers, with logo

well it`s mucg faster to scramble.
but personally i think they made this addition just to promote the cubes and not because there is something new to it:(

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
well it`s much faster to scramble.
but personally i think they made this addition just to promote the cubes and not because there is something new to it:(

I agree, I feel that there really is no great difference between the cubes except perhaps a slightly different manufacturing process that enables the cubes to be faster out of the box. Mine is so worn down at this point that I can't really examine it to find differences.