• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's my method?

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
No you're thinking of roux. ZZ is a method where you orient all the edges before doing the cross. It allows you to do f2l using only L, U, and R sides and gives you a pre-completed top side cross. I used to like it because it also got rid of y-axis cube rotations (which are the slowest by far) during intuitive steps, and because it lets me get away with not knowing full OLL.

I average 20 seconds with ZZ, I think I know the difference. You don't do a cross in ZZ. The blocks in ZZ are blockbuilt because you don't restrict your solves by dividing them up into pairs like in CFOP.

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
I know. However, it isn't really the same kind of blockbuilding as you have restrictions - the solved pieces are kind of in the way (with Roux/Petrus the pieces are to one side). All I was saying was that some people don't think of ZZ when someone says 'blockbuilding'; that was put there as a reminder that it is an option.

That is fair!

TheNewbCuber

Quick question. I have pretty much learn all f2l, so will understanding keyhole give me any better perspective like roux and Petrie do?