• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What would you pay for an Eastsheen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alive

i have an eastsheen 2x2, 3x3, & 4x4 that iv been looking to sell so my question is what would you pay for one or all of these cubes? i was looking to sell the 2x2 for $8, the 4x4 for $17, and the 5x5 for $21.
now i am not trying to sell them on this forum so please dont make an offer just tell what you'd pay/what you think they're worth, thanks

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
i have an eastsheen 2x2, 3x3, & 4x4 that iv been looking to sell so my question is what would you pay for one or all of these cubes? i was looking to sell the 2x2 for $8, the 4x4 for $17, and the 5x5 for $21.
now i am not trying to sell them on this forum so please dont make an offer just tell what you'd pay/what you think they're worth, thanks

You're asking way too much. A shengshou 4x4 and 5x5 are worlds better than eastsheen and I can buy both on amazon for less than $15 total.

Basically 2x2 $2
4x4 $5
5x5 $7?

Logical101

I would give 10-12 $ for all of them, not that eastsheen is bad but there is so much better for so much less,
lingpo-$7
SS 4x4:
V2-$6
V5-$10
SS 5x5-$7

brian724080

I'd pay 15 dollars for all of them if they are new. Not that I would ever really use them, I'd just put them in some pattern as a collection.

Alive

You're asking way too much. A shengshou 4x4 and 5x5 are worlds better than eastsheen and I can buy both on amazon for less than $15 total.

Basically 2x2 $2
4x4 $5
5x5 $7?

I know its a lot but like i said im not selling them on this forum (eBay to be specific) and i know what their worth to experienced cubers but they arnt bad beginner cubes. I got those prices by taking what they normally sell for and reducing it by a $ or two

Daniel Wu

Premium Member
WCA
2010WUDA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know its a lot but like i said im not selling them on this forum (eBay to be specific) and i know what their worth to experienced cubers but they arnt bad beginner cubes. I got those prices by taking what they normally sell for and reducing it by a $ or two

I can buy the 4x4 for $13 and 5x5 for $16 on Amazon prime in new condition. For a used cube, you're going to have to lower it at least below that.

Alive

I can buy the 4x4 for $13 and 5x5 for $16 on Amazon prime in new condition. For a used cube, you're going to have to lower it at least below that.

wouldnt some people pay more for a used cube? i maen probably not eastsheen but lets say a V6 thats been though the Pi mod and you still have the original packaging.

Alive

The thing is eastsheens suck period. Pi modding a v6 actually makes it MILDLY ok.

whether or not eastsheen sucks is irrelevant, if placed at the right price someone will buy it which was my intention but anyway if Pi modding the v6 only makes it ok then what 6x6 would you consider to be a very good 6x6

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
whether or not eastsheen sucks is irrelevant, if placed at the right price someone will buy it which was my intention

Why in the world would the quality of the cubes be irrelevant to determining the right price?

Anyway, it's just ebay... less knowledgeable people might be fooled into paying more for less so do whatever pleases you.

Alive

Why in the world would the quality of the cubes be irrelevant to determining the right price?

Anyway, it's just ebay... less knowledgeable people might be fooled into paying more for less so do whatever pleases you.

the quality does matter when determining what price to sell, i was just saying that regardless of quality some people might pay more for a broken in cube as opposed to a new one

tomthed

the quality does matter when determining what price to sell, i was just saying that regardless of quality some people might pay more for a broken in cube as opposed to a new one

Let's consider two scenarios:

1. The prospective buyer knows nothing about cubes and is a complete beginner. In this case they will be looking to buy a new cube as they won't want a used cube and it will be unlikely that they'll see the merits of a used, broken-in cube.

2. The prospective buyer is a cuber. They won't pay anything near that price for an Eastsheen. Broken in or not.

In any case you're asking too much for those products. The fact is that all of them have been superseded and better cubes can be bought much cheaper. Unless a buyer comes across the product who is fairly stupid and in the middle of these 2 categories, you will not sell them at that price.

Alive

Let's consider two scenarios:

1. The prospective buyer knows nothing about cubes and is a complete beginner. In this case they will be looking to buy a new cube as they won't want a used cube and it will be unlikely that they'll see the merits of a used, broken-in cube.

2. The prospective buyer is a cuber. They won't pay anything near that price for an Eastsheen. Broken in or not.

In any case you're asking too much for those products. The fact is that all of them have been superseded and better cubes can be bought much cheaper. Unless a buyer comes across the product who is fairly stupid and in the middle of these 2 categories, you will not sell them at that price.

I agree with you and i myself still prefer to buy my cubes new however the agreement is with the thread not the point i was making earlier.
lets say the prospective buyer is a cuber or even you perhaps and again ill use the v6 as an example; as pointed out earlier there aren't really any decent 6x6s but lets say your a fan of V-cube and you've herd that out of the box it is honorable and dosent get much better (which is true) but you still want it so would you rather pay full price for a new one from amazon or slightly more for a full Pi modded one from eBay

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
No one will buy your cubes for that price!! Considering that you could buy almost any new cube (Dayan, SS, etc) for cheaper, why spend more to get cubes that aren't anywhere near as good?

Alive

Shengshou 6x6?

Also, no one is going to buy an Eastsheen.

i think that once the V-cube company releases their 6x6VII with the 8x8 mechanism it'll be better than the Shengshou
and cubers wont buy eastsheen but if your just starting to get out of the 3x3 stage then the 4x4 & 5x5 are nice and somewhat cheap beginner cubes, also the 2x2 is actually not bad it just cant cut corners

Status
Not open for further replies.