• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What should i be aiming for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Algs are usually reserved for last slot because they don't disturb other slots and make lookahead more difficult. Multislotting and keyhole aren't super intuitive either not a lot of people can come up with those.
wait whaaaa I thought the more pieces solved = better lookahead, also lookahead on LS is not hard and I'm pretty sure many people will agree with me here.

Sub1Hour

wait whaaaa I thought the more pieces solved = better lookahead, also lookahead on LS is not hard and I'm pretty sure many people could agree with me here.
I'll second that. More pieces solves = less blind spots (as long as you insert into the back frequently) = easier lookahead. Typically during LS I can look ahead to the edges of OLL almost instantly.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
wait whaaaa I thought the more pieces solved = better lookahead, also lookahead on LS is not hard and I'm pretty sure many people will agree with me here.
I can always lookahead to my EO and often know what OLL shape I'm going to get(although I don't practice that much since I don't know OLL) during LS. Looking at alg sheets, my solutions are almost always just as good(for LS)

Status
Not open for further replies.