• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What non-speed related achievements in speedcubing are you most proud of?

Toquinha1977

WCA
2008YIMV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I mean, obviously we're proud of cracking sub 10, sub 15, sub 20, nailing a BLD, winning a comp, and the like. But, what about the related achievements? For example, how many people have you taught or tutored to solve? How much free crap have you gotten from cubing? What's the most bizarre/hilarious form of multitasking you've been able to achieve while speedsolving? So on, so forth.

Toquinha1977

WCA
2008YIMV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mine:

-Actually being paid to do it for a feature film
-Mentoring a young kid for a gifted students enrichment program in speedsolving, helping him get to under a minute
-Being interviewed on the news for organizing a competition
-Organizing said competition

dunpeal2064

WCA
2009WHIT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I remember when I had trouble solving the 2x2 while holding my breath... Now I can solve the 3x3 fairly easily while holding my breath. Not 4x4 yet though

also, so far I have taught 6 people how to solve the cube, and 3 of them know 4LLL

Last edited:

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, I don't think I've actually achieved anything good in cubing apart from 2x2 and 3x3 unofficial PBs -.-

Oh wait, I think I discovered this f2l alg: F' R U R' U' R' F R. That's it.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got free breakfast once from a bet with a manager at a Waffle House, saved 8 dollars.

Oh, and I learned a few algorithms here and there.

Samania

I learned how to make a dragon, christmas star and a turtle with the art of origami.

I also finished my cross stitiching project :D

Samania

I learned how to make a dragon, christmas star and a turtle with the art of origami.

I also finished my cross stitiching project :D

Thread title?

Ah, sorry I read it wrong. :eek:

I would have to say when I was cubing in a restaurant and people gave me compliments which made me feel good inside. Mmm. shallow.

But still, my origami dragon is pretty impressive.