• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Method is this?

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
Hey, my friend introduced me to this method because he said it was a dead easy method of solving the 4x4, at first he said it was K4 but it is nothing like most of the descriptions found on the internet, so then i thought it was the cage method, but it seemed different from that too. here it is... (sorry if it seems more like a tutorial than an explaination)
1. Solve 2 opposite centers
2. Solve corners next to the 2 centers (so both sides have corners solved correctly.)
3. insert edges into one side first so that you have 3 edge pairs solved, leave the 4th pair open for now, then solve all 4 edge pairs on the opposite side.
4. pair the 2 reamining edges for the first side and insert them via 3-edge cycle.
5. Use commutators to solve the rest of edges and then the rest of centers

It would be great if someone could help me identify this method and i need some help with the commutators, with moving just 1 edge to pair up with another without messing up previous pairs, and how to pair edges directly opposite of each other. thank you :D

minsarker

This is pretty cool. I may try to learn this method. Is it really fast compared to most other methods?

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
There's a reason why all the fast people use redux/redux variants...
Yes, it's because everybody's told "you must use redux you must use redux you must use redux" all the time :mad:
Sandwich is fast. If you like it, just go for it.

YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a reason why all the fast people use redux/redux variants...
Yes, it's because everybody's told "you must use redux you must use redux you must use redux" all the time :mad:
Sandwich is fast. If you like it, just go for it.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure it's possible to sub-45 with this method. Just wait until I get a Meffert's...