• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Lube and Where to get it from?

Bomber

Puzzle Proz's Lube.

Interesting.

Well, I've worked in the shock oil and I'm actually quite surprised. I lubed up an original Type A, most people know that it is made out of a soft plastic so it has soft and creamy attributes. The lube has exaggerated and improved all the good points about this cube, it feels extremely smooth and is still fast but slippy. It requires a little extra push to get the cube moving but after that it floats on air!
I actually think it will take a bit of getting used to, I definitely like it though. Personally I think it would suit certain types of cube, not a hard plastic cube, mainly soft as it gives it a certain 'gooey' feel.

Well, I recommend it!
Give it a go or else you'll never know - Lottery Advert

Last edited:

lalalala

YouTube
Visit Channel
i just tried to use silicon. not silicone silicon lubricant which is used for the treadmill belt thingy.it worked great but i havtn used it on my main speed cube which is my type d. Im still not sure if its harmful to the cube.

Bomber

i just tried to use silicon.
I honestly don't think you tried that, for one reason. You can find out though.

I do have a Type D but currently it has a fresh coating of silicone spray; It was bought from Rubik Fans so came pre-lubed.
I have a Type A III I could try it on but everything else is freshly lubed with other things. In the future I may actually put shock oil in other cubes, but I'll have to remember to order some Tableau Dry Lubricant.
As an update to the shock oil cube, it is quickly becoming my favourite cube again. I'll probably swap between my main speed cubes quite often now!

Last edited:

Bomber

i just tried to use silicon.
I honestly don't think you tried that, for one reason. You can find out though.

why dont you think i tried it o_O.

Well, to start with silicon is a metalloid so I don't think putting that in your cube would help, any other silcone other than for lubrication is used for something like sealing baths, that also I don't think would help your cube.
If you were more specific about what "silicone silicon" was maybe we would understand and respond positively.

Last edited:

lalalala

YouTube
Visit Channel
well the bottle said silicon. it came with my treamill and it told me to use that to lubricate the treadmill belt. its not completly liquid. it looks kind of slimy almost like pudding but a little bit more liquidy.it left a nice coat over my cube and the cube oesnt seem to be melting or destroying the plastic

panyan

i am from uk and i have:
1) halfords brand silicone spray - best so far
2) automotors berry flavoured spray - not great but really cheap (£0.95!)
3) Shock oil 20wt - good, but i have not cmpared it to halfords yet

tmacfan4321

R/C shock oil works really, really well. I had the liquid wrench silicone spray on my first cube, that sucked. I put Petroleum Jelly in my second cube, that was almost too loose. The Silicone oil works well with only a few drops.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01

jambob28

Hey about the mister sheen stuff, ive got some ill try it later and give everyone a second verdict on how good it really is. well i have the maplins silicone and the halfords silicone and to me maplins wins. with the halfords silicone, you spray it on and in the morning its sort of worn off. but the maplins one lasts much longer