• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is your "Signature Move"?

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some cubers have an alg or fingertrick that is unique to their style. I introduced many cubers to the U2' fingertrick shown in this video. Sometimes you see this referred to as an "eido U2" after my IRC screenname. I also have a Z-perm that is fairly unique as well (shown in the same video), and a signature H-perm.

Several other cubers have algs named after them too. You sometimes hear reference to Dan Knights' Z-Perm or Rowe's A-perm. Lars Petrus popularized Sune, Niklas, and others, and Bob Burton has a few algs named after him (and a pyraminx method).

What other cubers have a "Signature Move"? What algs have you contributed to the community?

D

Deleted member 19792

The Miley Cyrus :

U U' U U' U U' X X' X X'

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess that I popularised the use of the RH index F' (here's an example from 2009) which makes a lot of algs like the J perm really fluid. I also convinced Breandan to start using U2' doubleflick which as far as I'm concerned is pretty much the pinnacle of my cubing achievements.

In terms of alg contributions I was the first person dumb enough to think a strange alg-set like OLS-FE needed documenting: https://sites.google.com/site/babbyandhunny/3x3x3/ols-fe

I also remember back in the day (2008ish) that mine and Jude's CLL sheet did the rounds for a long time when we were 2 of about 10 people that bothered to learn specific 2x2 algs for it and document them. I don't remember if I ever published the sheet we both used to learn EG-1 in 2009. I reckon Jude's most awesome contribution was the L F' z' R' U R' U' R U' R alg.

Also Rowe T-perm <3

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me maybe my x-crosses. Where I solve F2L pairs before the cross edges are solved.

I started using the eido U2 a while back.

And usually mirror algs where possible for alg subsets such as CLL, EG-1, OLL and PLL.

Also the alg I use for z perm for oh is unique. Since a generated it and it could be worse than the normal one.