• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the worst/most annoying thing in speed cubing?

AlexCube

WCA
2014HEIK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Things that I hate the most:
-Classmates that drop my cubes;
-Getting an Y perm(it may sound funny, but I have a lot of trouble recognising it);
-Having a 5x5 or a 7x7 pop;
-Silly questions from people, like „How do I move that piece there?";
-Bad jokes like doing an U turn and reversing it. They really think they're funny while foing that;
-Getting a PLL or OLL skip on awesome solves or getting a dotted OLL and G perm after great F2L;
-People that ask me to show them how do I solve it and after one minute they get bored or they don't pay attention to me.
That's like the most comprehensive answer. I totally identify :D

NottNott

YouTube
Visit Channel
When you begin to reassemble a cube, at least on the Zhanchi assembling the bottom layer is a pain to begin with. You slide one piece in, slide two more in, you're about to do finish it and bam, all three pieces have just came out, one went on the floor and is now covered in dust, and your hands are covered in lubricant T_T

WCA
2012PATE01
Things that I hate the most:
-Classmates that drop my cubes;
-Getting an Y perm(it may sound funny, but I have a lot of trouble recognising it);
-Having a 5x5 or a 7x7 pop;
-Silly questions from people, like „How do I move that piece there?";
-Bad jokes like doing an U turn and reversing it. They really think they're funny while foing that;
-Getting a PLL or OLL skip on awesome solves or getting a dotted OLL and G perm after great F2L;
-People that ask me to show them how do I solve it and after one minute they get bored or they don't pay attention to me.

why 5 and 7 pops? aren't 4 and 6 pops more annoying or is It just me?

tacgnol

WCA
2009RIZE01
When I'm doing some good old fashioned clak and getting decent times, then all the sudden a terrible solve, and DNF.
Ling'ao clocks.
When I'm solving and then my laptop crashes (it's gonna happen eventually, i know it), or the timer stops responding.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you begin to reassemble a cube, at least on the Zhanchi assembling the bottom layer is a pain to begin with. You slide one piece in, slide two more in, you're about to do finish it and bam, all three pieces have just came out, one went on the floor and is now covered in dust, and your hands are covered in lubricant T_T
There are these things called tables :p
Funnily enough not many people are much good at assembling cubes. It is a pain, but if you do it right it goes pretty smoothly. You just have to get really good at holding pieces in place. And use a table to catch pieces.
It's also much easier to loosen the cube up for assembly so the pieces don't shoot out, then tighten it back up when you're done.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are these things called tables :p
Funnily enough not many people are much good at assembling cubes. It is a pain, but if you do it right it goes pretty smoothly. You just have to get really good at holding pieces in place. And use a table to catch pieces.
It's also much easier to loosen the cube up for assembly so the pieces don't shoot out, then tighten it back up when you're done.
I don't get what's so hard about reassembling cubes... idk how other people do it, but I do cross, first layer corners, F2L minus an edge, LL doing edge-corner-edge-corner etc., then the last edge, turning a layer 45 degrees. I never have any problems.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't get what's so hard about reassembling cubes... idk how other people do it, but I do cross, first layer corners, F2L minus an edge, LL doing edge-corner-edge-corner etc., then the last edge, turning a layer 45 degrees. I never have any problems.

I build it like petrus haha

2x2 block, 2x2x3, finish f2l, LL

Flame838

WCA
2008SUNC01
When your current solve is a little offbeat and you're like "oh this will only be a little off my average".
And then you look at the timer and your solve was 10 seconds slower.
Fuuuu

XANAFIED

Putting together a Moyu Aosu for the first time. >.> Most difficult cube I've ever had to put together.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
New one I got recently,
I hate moyu cores. Their screw holes aren't even in the center most of the time. It results in the tension on one side being super tight, but do an x2 and check the tensions, and it's so loose that the pieces can be pulled out.