• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] What is going on

brododragon

thanks i think ill go for roux
Woah you chose roux? dominant one is cfop, but I respect your opinion, although since you are a bit new here are some tips for roux, practice your M and M' fingertricks, there are a lot of those during roux since you make 2x3 blocks on the sides and you have free space in the middle, The only hard part in my opinion for roux is making the blocks, while cfop is more beginner friendly, roux is something that is sort of challenging to learn, I learned roux but it isn't my dominant method. Your pb is faster than my single even though I do cfop. Anyway, happy cubing!
Roux is so slow for events like 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, and megaminx. I would highly recommend CFOP if you plan on doing events other than 3x3.
I would recommend ZZ if you're focusing on feet, 3x3 and OH.
I only do 3x3 and clock really so I can use ZZ because I do no big cubes.
Roux is good for 3x3 and OH.
I would recommend CFOP if you take cubing even a little bit seriously. Also CFOP is MUCH better for 4x4 and up
this is just wrong, on for 4x4 and 5x5 meyer is just as quick as yau and for 6x6 and 7x7 3x3 stage is such a small part of the solve that it doesn't matter. and for megaminx roux teaches you blockbuilding techniques that really help. also the best megaminx solver in the uk uses roux.
so are you saying the best oh solvers in the world don't take cubing even a little seriously?
lol you just answered your question by yourself.
if they wouldn't take cubing seriously they would not be so fast (although I don't why you say that some people who use a different method are instantly the best when they aren't)
Not this argument again...
@Datspedcube , choose whichever method you find the most fun, because cubing is first and foremost about having fun. If your goal is to be as fast as possible with 3x3 and you don't really care about exploring methods, go for CFOP or Roux. If you want to get fast at big cubes, CFOP is the way to go. If you care about 3x3 one-handed, Roux and CFOP are about equal, maybe an edge to Roux though.
Good luck :)
umm...the best OH solvers in the world use CFOP
Edit: The third best average is held by Kian Mansour, but the top 2 averages are with CFOP
I don't understand this message.
that's incorrect the majority of the fastest oh solvers in the world use roux
for examples look to kian Mansour, tudor lin, luri grangieri.
this is in response to micah's message.
Yeah but the VERY best OH solvers use CFOP. Also, Meyer is not as good as Yau for 4x4. Prove me wrong by giving me an example of someone top 100 in the world who uses meyer.
i will have to check the meyer thing. but kian Mansour is the fastest oh solver of all time he used to average 9 global and he just had bad comp results.
lol that is just, so not true
Morrison brothers and everyone else pls stop arguing about why cfop is better for big cubes and why OH roux is bad/good.
this is a member introduction and we are supposed to be helping him/her not confusing them
Patrick Ponce uses ZZ for OH.
no he doesn't
Really ? He got his PR single with ZZ.
yeah but he did cross and it happened to have eo done, it wasn't deliberate.
Sorry about the bump, but can we just take a moment to realize what you all have most likely did? @BenChristman1 gave him the link to the method choosing guide, and then you all went on for over a page getting progressively more aggressive about which method to use. What's worse, he was most likely scared off the forums because of this.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry about the bump, but can we just take a moment to realize what you all have most likely did? @BenChristman1 gave him the link to the method choosing guide, and then you all went on for over a page getting progressively more aggressive about which method to use. What's worse, he was most likely scared off the forums because of this.
All said was this "this is a member introduction and we are supposed to be helping him/her not confusing them" lol