• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What hobbies/interests do you have other than cubing?

D

Daniel Lin

I don't really have any, since cubing is mainly what i do. I used to be into origami . I can make stuff like this or this or this

What are your guys' hobbies?

gateway cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm an outdoorsy kind of dude, I climb mountains like this one, this one and also this one. I also like hunting, mountain biking and basketball. I'm also interested in Linguistics, I know spanish and bit's and pieces of other languages like french, latin, and german. But yeah, cubing is probably my second biggest hobby after mountaineering. Wow, I have a lot of hobbies...

FakeMMAP

WCA
2014MAUR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now that I think about it, I'm also interested in Languages: I'm Italian, both my parents are Italian, and at the age of 11 I started learning English more seriously, by just watching a lot of English videos, so that I could develop my listening skills. I think I can say that when I was 13 I could basically understand everything said in videos, and that I could speak English.

Joel2274

I think learning about other hobbies that cubers share is really interesting. It seems that they usually share the same interests when I go to competitions, like yoyoing and producing electronic music and math. I bet there's some crazy science behind our brains because everyone has felt that "feeling" of "togetherness" when they go to a competition. There's just a unity that you know that everyone there shares the same hobby. I'm very interested though, have any of you seem any other weird hobbies that you can practice or pick up on the go and mess with just like a cube? I've recently seem an ad for a thing called a thumb-chuck, look it up it's kinda cool. The most popular non-cubing hobby that cubers have seems to be yoyoing. (And no I'm not trying to switch hobbies nothing is better than cubing :D"

I read. A lot. (Only 203 more days until Oathbringer is released... I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!)

I also play a little Magic: The Gathering.

jam66150

I think learning about other hobbies that cubers share is really interesting. It seems that they usually share the same interests when I go to competitions, like yoyoing and producing electronic music and math. I bet there's some crazy science behind our brains because everyone has felt that "feeling" of "togetherness" when they go to a competition. There's just a unity that you know that everyone there shares the same hobby. I'm very interested though, have any of you seem any other weird hobbies that you can practice or pick up on the go and mess with just like a cube? I've recently seem an ad for a thing called a thumb-chuck, look it up it's kinda cool. The most popular non-cubing hobby that cubers have seems to be yoyoing. (And no I'm not trying to switch hobbies nothing is better than cubing :D"
i was really big in to yo-yoing before cubing the way it moves is hypnotic

Octavian-360

WCA
2016GADD01
I used to play video games a lot previously, and after cubing that has significantly reduced.
My other hobbies are cycling, reading,philately, I used to play Bridge a lot.

AMCuber

I usually read, very good at violin, and listen to Zack Hemsey's music (you might not know who he is) I also used to play baseball, but I quit because I figured I'm bad, and I play basketball, but I never practice anymore. That is because I used to practice everyday in freezing winter for like 40 minutes and I noticed no improvement. I am really active, I exercise, but I just can't do sports.

Last edited:

virginia

I play soccer (have since I was 3), run track and wrestle. I also like to run road races. I used to be into origami, duct tape crafts, learning German, and freestyle soccer; I've stopped all three activities years ago (sometimes I still do fs soccer). Recently, I've just been stalking the Naval Academy and West Point's admission pages, cubing, and sometimes I feel the urge to learn some Spanish.

Last edited:

EntireTV

I don't really play video games but I do artsy things like gfx (photoshop) and video editing and photography. In terms of sports I mostly just do track/cross country. I play clarinet and like school, specifically arts and science. I think I might be pretty well rounded...

Oh also making money online on forums like HF or LF