• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What does your girlfriend say about cubing?

What does your girlfriend/boyfriend think?

• Because of cubing we got together!

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • She/He thinks it's cool and likes it

Votes: 37 19.1%
  • She/He accepts it

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • She/He hates it

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • It'll be the reason we'll break up

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I don't have one

Votes: 98 50.5%

• Total voters

Slash

WCA
2008TROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
my girlfriend accepts that I cube, however, she can get really annoyed if I cube too much. btw she came with me to the Worlds to Düsseldorf (Maria might can remember;)), soooo many thanks:) she's on the hungarian forum (with one post so far) and she can solve the 2x2(sometimes), 360, magic:) I tried to convince her to compete at Hungarian Open in magic and 360, but she didnt:(

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was torn between she thinks it's cool and she accepts it, because she does like it but I doubt she thinks it's cool :p

I think once she knows full PLL you can safely say that she thinks it's cool :p

She's almost there! 2 more 'G's to go!

We forgot!

She solved a Rubik's 360 for the first time in about 45 minutes completely independently!

OHHH! I was even there! It's true, it's true!

As for my boyfriend, he loves to cube as well. He's quite good at BLD and we even look the same. People often get us mixed up, and that's always a wonderful basis for a relationship - right?

One of the above statements was a lie.
Hint: boyfriend

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

As for my boyfriend, he loves to cube as well. He's quite good at BLD and we even look the same. People often get us mixed up, and that's always a wonderful basis for a relationship - right?

...and no mention of your husband. I am deeply hurt.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

...and no mention of your husband. I am deeply hurt.

It's just because we haven't had the honeymoon yet that I'm reluctant to reveal all to the world. Most people don't even know we're married! How ridiculous. I think we have the fastest husband + wife now....?

scylla

WCA
2006kasp02
I always tell her that the more I practize, the faster I can solve the cube and the more time I have to spend time with her :D

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My girlfriend thought it was really cool at first and wanted to learn how. She's still doing beginng/keyhole though. I'm trying to get her to increase her times but she's too into Nicholas Sparks books and the Twilight series.

The only time she cares when I cube is when I end up cubing while she's trying to talk to me (which actually happens a lot) and I end up having a conversation with her that after I'm done with a solve I have no idea what I was saying. She promotes the habit though, buys me cubes, bought me a second magic after my first one broke, and still encourages me to get faster.

I taught her how to do the magic this morning! I'm planning on getting her to sub60 on the 3x3, but that will definitely take some time, ha!

And definitely an LOL to skylla :p

Edit: one more thing, let's hope Erik's girl isn't w/him only due to his WR :p (Or that he's as fast with her as he is w/the cube!)

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got to know my Ex through teaching her to cube, and she asked me about the UK open after I mentioned it once to her when we were going out, so I reckon she was interested.

Then she dumped me, right after I taught her F2L. :(

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got to know my Ex through teaching her to cube, and she asked me about the UK open after I mentioned it once to her when we were going out, so I reckon she was interested.

Ouch that's bad... So you didn't even get to show her your finger speed in LL... ;)

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel

Ouch that's bad... So you didn't even get to show her your finger speed in LL... ;)
Inuendo much?

Laura O

WCA
2009OHRN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My boyfriend is quite interested, he watches videos about speedcubing on YouTube and asks strange questions...
As far as I know he didn't start cubing - but maybe he did in private and is already faster than me. :D

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01

This is probably one of the saddest statements I have ever seen on this forum.

My current girlfriend tolerates cubing fairly well, but I can tell she isn't crazy about it. Her daughter (9 years old) thinks it is cool though. If the Chicago contest works out she will probably come with me. I may try to get her to learn magic just so she can compete in something.

Previous gf hated cubing... I gave it up while we were together.

GF before that, admited she hated it, but still supported me. She even went with me from KY to Atlanta for nationals last year.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
She loathes cubes because she can't figure it out :p But she accepts and supports me cubing.
But you're FOUR years old.
Wow, it looks like we have some errors in birthdates among some Malaysian competitors. Either that or there were at least six competitors at the most recent Malaysian competition who were under the age of five, with some amazing times!

Micael

Premium Member
WCA
2009BOUL03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Since I learned to solve a cube, every guy I have been with has also known how to solve a cube. I wouldn't say it's a prerequisite, but it almost is - cubing has become such a big part of my life that anyone who shows interest in me inevitably ends up showing at least some kind of interest in the cube as well. That is if I didn't meet him through cubing to begin with. If a guy hated my hobby I can't imagine getting to the point of being boyfriend and girlfriend.

My parents aren't too keen on cubing though; they think I spend too much time on it (which is probably justified). When I told Dan Knights this he said "What, don't they know who you are?" :p