• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What does your girlfriend say about cubing?

What does your girlfriend/boyfriend think?

• Because of cubing we got together!

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • She/He thinks it's cool and likes it

Votes: 37 19.1%
  • She/He accepts it

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • She/He hates it

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • It'll be the reason we'll break up

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I don't have one

Votes: 98 50.5%

• Total voters

capoboy

YouTube
Visit Channel
My girlfriend doesn't really like it when I am cubing. It's because that I spend more time concentrating to my cube than listening to what she's saying. She also doesn't like the clicking sound.
She often take the cube and keep it out of my reach.

Slowpoke22

WCA
2005ALBR01
She used to tolerate cubing when we met, but now she hates it because I have a tendency of prioritizing my cube time over her interests. ^_^

WinterCub3r

typo

My Ex thought it was cool but when we were together she got pissed if i even looked at one. My girlfriend right now thinks its awesome, she loves watching me solve and scrambling puzzles for me to solve. I'm currently teaching her how to solve a 3x3, and I just bought her a stickerless (pink) AoLong and she is super excited.

WCA
2014BLOC01
My girlfriend has been saying I'll get bored of cubing since we started dating. 4 months (and 25 seconds off my average) later, still going.

She likes it, though. We were on a long, long (3 months) class trip and we were on buses almost every day, so I would bring my cube. I would occasionally do OH solves over her shoulder, which she found incredibly amusing.

Still doesn't want to learn how, though.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
She wasn't into it at first. Wasn't against it either. But then she accompanied me to my first comp where a bunch of other cubers surrounded her and subjected her to the beginner's method.

None of it sunk in, but her curiosity got the best of her. I taught her a new step every week or two until almost 2 months later she had it down. She doesn't want to be timed though. It is, and I quote, "Too much pressure".

She doesn't have any interest in getting faster or learning other puzzles. But supports my habits, and even wants to help me organize a comp in Portland.

WCA
2011MART05
My girlfriend said that i must focus more on her than the cube... Which is very difficult for me... She also said people who solve the cube is selfish because they want to call the attention of other

markms

My wife said a couple of days ago that I need to see someone about my problem - I've always got a cube in my hands and take it with me everywhere I go.

It ended with me buying 5 new cubes and an apology from her. :tu

NEONCUBES

I'm a year 12 student in Australia so at the moment the HSC is my girlfriend. Although she has stopped me from cubing and gotten me to hit the books.