• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you do you inspect in your 15 seconds inspection time?

Sg.Speedcuber

WCA
2009ZAMZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What will you most importantly inspect in your 15 seconds?Personaly, I inspect the cross.but I would switch to inspecting the cross and F2L.My F2L times are about 20secs so inspecting should roughly know how to do it.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a Fridrich user I try to inspect for OLL and sometimes the 3rd F2L pair.

This is kind of pointless. This question has been answered many times already. People plan out the first step of their method or at least most of it. Some Fridrich users can plan all the way through to the first pair. I'm not sure how far other methods can be planned out in 15 seconds.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I inspect the cross.but I would switch to inspecting the cross and F2L.My F2L times are about 20secs so inspecting should roughly know how to do it.
how would you inspect the entire f2l in just 15 seconds?:confused: Its good enough to getting an idea of where the first easiest pair will be, but inspecting each pair is pointless. Theres also a good chance you'll mess up the cross if you look for too many other things at the same time.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is kind of pointless. This question has been answered many times already. People plan out the first step of their method or at least most of it. Some Fridrich users can plan all the way through to the first pair. I'm not sure how far other methods can be planned out in 15 seconds.

??????????

So you can inspect the whole solve up to pll? :confused: Yeah sure.

Umm.. I inspect the cross, and sometimes an F2l pair or at least a corner.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

??????????

Do you understand what sarcasm is?

F

FU

around 5s to inspect the cross then i start the timer. i should try planning the first pair i guess with the remaining 8s or so

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

??????????

Are you serious?

MistArts

Inspect as much as you can. Try practicing inspecting up to about the first 10 moves or so. And you can go on for more if you can. I usually just inspect the cross and know what pieces are already in the F2L slots.

I can inspect as far as the whole cube, enabling me to solve the cube in averages of less than 20 moves, so I win at FMC and Speedsolving at the same time each time I solve the cube. :D

God's Algorithm?

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Once again, I'm confused about what method I'm using for speedcubing.

LBL: 2x3x1 block on the first layer or cross
Roux: 2x3x1 block on the side or just 2x2x1 block if I can't see the whole thing
ZZ: EO, maybe even the line
Petrus: 2x2x2 block, maybe even 2x2x3
Fridrich: Cross, 2x2x2 block, or ExCross.
Corners first: corners of one side, maybe even OCLL (Ortega), first 2 or 3 steps of Guimond.

My fastest method is usually Fridrich and sometimes I get nearly as good times using Petrus. But after reading so much about ZZ, I suddenly feel that Roux is the best method. I can never tell what method I'm interested in next.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I usually look for an extended cross (or excross) (the cross and the first f2l pair). I find it easier to search for the same pair everytime. Not that it matters at all, but i look for the red/blue pair every time, and as most people do, i always make the cross on the white side.