• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cubes are you buying for christmas

DNF_Cuber

Ok, Interesting, never heard that opinion before. My brother has the bell v1 and imo it’s s too slow and stable but the Moyu is on the opposite end of the spectrum. So I want something more in between I guess.
Hmm... I have heard nothing but harsh reviews and complaints of core stripping for the v2.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Cubing Critics' Current Cube Wishlist
- Rubik's Connected - Heard it's really good but need to try it out
- GAN i Carry - Definitely Looking forward to this one, hopefully it comes out in December like they said and we can get a hold of one
- GAN Timer - Looks good, interested to see how the Bluetooth functionality with CUBESTATION works
- YJ MGC Repulsion - Wanted to have a feel of the repelling magnets
- Classic DaYan / MoYu cube - Started cubing in 2019 so unaware of what hardware was like back in the day, so will likely try to get a hold of an old-school 3x3
- TengYun V2M - Heard it's really good but never tried it. Been on the wishlist for a while.

Will probably update this and hopefully tick some of these off during the Christmas break.

D

Deleted member 54663

Ok, Interesting, never heard that opinion before. My brother has the bell v1 and imo it’s too slow and stable, but the Moyu is on the opposite end of the spectrum. So I want something more in between I guess.
I like the GAN standard pyra, but it has extremely weak magnets. It just takes some getting used to, and its extremely smooth. If not, the MS is very nice, with strong magnets and a stable feel. I would recommend the Gan enhanced(my friend has it), but its too expensive. Also, you can always speed up the bell with some lube.

Last edited by a moderator:

DNF_Cuber

I like the GAN standard pyra, but it has extremely weak magnets. It just takes some getting used to, and its extremely smooth. If not, the MS is very nice, with strong magnets and a stable feel. I would recommend the Gan enhanced(my friend has it), but its magnets are too weak. Also, you can always speed up the bell with some lube.
you can make the gan pyra better by putting moyu washers under the GES.

NatoCuber54

WCA
2018MINK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Cubing Critics' Current Cube Wishlist
- Rubik's Connected - Heard it's really good but need to try it out
- GAN i Carry - Definitely Looking forward to this one, hopefully it comes out in December like they said and we can get a hold of one
- GAN Timer - Looks good, interested to see how the Bluetooth functionality with CUBESTATION works
- YJ MGC Repulsion - Wanted to have a feel of the repelling magnets
- Classic DaYan / MoYu cube - Started cubing in 2019 so unaware of what hardware was like back in the day, so will likely try to get a hold of an old-school 3x3
- TengYun V2M - Heard it's really good but never tried it. Been on the wishlist for a while.

Will probably update this and hopefully tick some of these off during the Christmas break.
If I'm correct, I'm pretty sure the Repulsion was a joke, I could be wrong though. Repealing magnets would not be good in any way, they would make the sides really hard to turn. Take an 8th-grade science class and you'll probably figure that out.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I know Gan manufactures the best cubes in the world mained by a lot of world class cubers im sayin' @DNF_Cuber doesnt like them. And anyway, i just like DiFantiX cubes, whether they're good or not.
Obviously you’re not getting the fact that D-Fantix is not a cube manufacturer.