• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] Type C-II, D-II, F-II and more (Review)

MW1990

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, not much to say here :D I just explain (too long of a video sorry, I'm not good with keeping time when making videos lol) how each cube is in minor detail. Here's a text based version I suppose:

Rubiks Storebought (not broken in with sand or anything :D ) = Win

-Type C-II: Smooth, lightweight, "soft feeling"

-Type D-II: Heavy cube, Type F style pieces, "springy sound" like Rubiks Storebought

-Type F-II: Great, lightweight, very smooth, I didn't cover corner cutting, but it does cut corners well I suppose.

-Little 50mm cube: Nice, portable (duh), not too small, really fast

-Cube4you DIY: Good, like my New Type A-III kind of.

-Eastsheen 4x4: Very nice, no lube in it, just a quarter turn or less of loosening the screws on each side.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for posting this...I have a C-II and I agree with pretty much everything you said about it. It's good after you loosen it, but you don't fall in love with it.

I have a feeling F-II will win my heart.

MW1990

YouTube
Visit Channel
I will loosen the D-II :) It seems like it has potential, but the F-II is just too nice :D I think it's my new main speedcube :p

MW1990

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you for posting that :) It was kind of inconsiderate of me to not take that into account, I speak spanish and some (very little) japanese and mandarin, so I should have put subtitles :D

Rodrigo Piaggio

Premium Member
WCA
2009BERM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No big deal at all. Generally i dont post my videos here because all are in spanish language. I think actually are enough english videos for cubers but in this case i want to add that video because this cubes are relatively new and i think this can help some users.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So it looks like the type F II is the best of the three. What about the D-II versus the C-II? I'm thinking of buying 2 type F-IIs and one more (either the D-II or C-II)

I purchased an F-II very recently, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
I can base this off of personal experience, but buy it. Actually you said two, so go ahead and buy them.

Or you could also just get one of each. :cool:

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got the F-II from cube4you yesterday. Its really smooth and nice. Has anyone figured out if it deteriorates? It feels like its deteriorating every time I use it.