• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V cube 7 or 5?

zugohugo2

YouTube
Visit Channel
Should I get a v cube 5 or 7? I cant decide. If I get a v cube 7 I will spend less time solving it. If I get v cube 5 It's gonna be white. I'm buying from amazon.

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say get a YJ. Its a KO V Cube, with screws and springs(and its better), and its only like $13-15 for the 5x5, and aroung $30 for the 7x7, cheaper than the normal V Cubes. Of course, both need to broken in.
Am I supporting KO's? Well...all puzzle cubes are KO's of Rubik's Brands ._.

imaghost

YouTube
Visit Channel
You are supporting knockoffs, but I don't really think anyone cares that much, so many have been bought already. It really is just personal preference on supporting the cheaper made cubes or the real thing.

Not all, just the ones that have the same structure, like the V-Cubes aren't because the 6 and 7 have never been created by Rubik, and the 5 has a different structure. Same with the Eastsheen and Maru/YJ cubes, for the most part.

But on topic, I would get the V7 because it is more impressive solving it. It does take longer, but people are impressed just by seeing it. You can get other 5x5s but not really the same with the 7x7.

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are supporting knockoffs, but I don't really think anyone cares that much, so many have been bought already. It really is just personal preference on supporting the cheaper made cubes or the real thing.

Not all, just the ones that have the same structure, like the V-Cubes aren't because the 6 and 7 have never been created by Rubik, and the 5 has a different structure. Same with the Eastsheen and Maru/YJ cubes, for the most part.

But on topic, I would get the V7 because it is more impressive solving it. It does take longer, but people are impressed just by seeing it. You can get other 5x5s but not really the same with the 7x7.

Kay guys, listen. His name is 'Joker' and that seems to be what he is doing here =p

Am I kidding, or am I not, the number of flaming/troll/hate comments on get on this will prove it one way or the other =p

imaghost

YouTube
Visit Channel
is any of you going to help me decide?

I did, get the V7, but also try to get the V5, it is worth the money IMO, but if money is a problem, get a YJ. I hear they are as good, if not better. I own all three V cubes, but not the YJ. So, I would say get the 7, and if you can, the 5 as well.