• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cube 4

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There will be. V-cubes know that speedcubers make up at least some of their market, and so they will make a cubic one as well as a pillowed. Just like they have done for the V-2 and V-3.

Interesting, since every single place that sells V-cube 3x3-s in Estonia only offers pillowed versions of 2x2 and 3x3, only 5x5-s seem to be cubic.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting, since every single place that sells V-cube 3x3-s in Estonia only offers pillowed versions of 2x2 and 3x3, only 5x5-s seem to be cubic.

Then order direct from V-cubes like most people do. It's just that those products would be the ones that the shop gets better sales on, so they'll stock them.

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
speaking of price, and i could be totally wrong here. (im using amazon.com's price btw). the v-cube 3 new on amazon is ~$15, right? and the v-cube 5 new on amazon is ~$35, right? so, unless the v-cube 4 costs more money to make than a v-cube 5. its safe to say that the cube will be between $15-$35 dollars right? im guessing, just a random number here, that the v-cube 4 will be around $25( on amazon that is) anyone agree/disagree?

rubixwiz031

WCA
2011ROTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
speaking of price, and i could be totally wrong here. (im using amazon.com's price btw). the v-cube 3 new on amazon is ~$15, right? and the v-cube 5 new on amazon is ~$35, right? so, unless the v-cube 4 costs more money to make than a v-cube 5. its safe to say that the cube will be between $15-$35 dollars right? im guessing, just a random number here, that the v-cube 4 will be around $25( on amazon that is) anyone agree/disagree?
My guess is that it will be around $40 for a few weeks, then drop down to $20.
But hey, what do I know.

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Then order direct from V-cubes like most people do. It's just that those products would be the ones that the shop gets better sales on, so they'll stock them.
I bet those shops ordered them randomly or thought those were "cooler" or "special" because they never stocked the cubic ones. I have a pillowed 3x3 and it isn't half bad, actually, but the pillowed one makes the turning harder and normal cubes feel kind of hollow after using. It is exceptionally smooth, though, wish other cubes were like that.

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
because i have no experience buying v-cube products when they're brand new. is that usually what happens? what you suggested?

When the V5, V6, and V7 first came out, their prices were 25, 39, and 48 euros respectively. Should note that they didn't have much competition/pressure from other companies to have cheaper products for these at the time.

IIRC V-Cubes' prices were always sort of proportional to size. That is, a larger size would be more expensive than a smaller one and vice-versa, like you're guessing. I don't know what the V4 mechanism looks like, but I'd guess it'd be at most 20 euros (The V5 is 18.45 euros at the moment).

WCA
2012KLIN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really am just so sad about this. Verdes should be focusing on big cubes.

you are kidding right, people (me) have been waiting for this for years.

How did the 2x2 fail? It was the first 2x2 that can cut corners more then 45 degrees.

corner cutting doesn't determine how good a cube is, as long as it doesn't overshoot, then it doesn't need more than 5-15 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:

StephenC

I kind of expected that V-cubes would try to release a 10x10, since all of the other puzzles in their list of patents have already been produced by other companies.