• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2012 (Las Vegas)

Alan Chang

WCA
2004CHAN01
Send us your US National 2011 pictures!

As you may have noticed, we're putting up pictures from last year onto the US Nationals 2012 home page!

Would you like to have your pictures from last year featured? If anyone has pictures hosted online on a public sharing website (such as photobucket, shutterfly, etc.) that they would like to share, send me an email (acsix at princeton dot edu) with "US Nationals 2011 Pictures" in the subject. Please send the links to the pictures (not the actual files!), formatted this way:

Image URL | Thumbnail URL | Title Text

For example:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procgtaserv/47a1d632b3127cce985489e7cba900000035100AatWLVk3cM2Rg | http://im1.shutterfly.com/procgtaserv/47a1d632b3127cce985489e7cba900000038100AatWLVk3cM2Rg | 3x3 Speedsolve

This will make it easier to process all the links. Your pictures could wind up at the top of the home page for everyone to see! If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
So.. I'm the one who made the structure for the image gallery last year, and I intended it to be a temporary thing, thinking Facebook wouldn't mind me direct linking a few pictures, and also thinking someone would come along and improve it if they actually liked it. If this is going to be more than temporary and accepting images from different sources, you should consider downloading the images and hosting them on CubingUSA, because not everyone is cool with direct linking (and in fact it's bad netiquette).

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If this is going to be more than temporary and accepting images from different sources, you should consider downloading the images and hosting them on CubingUSA, because not everyone is cool with direct linking (and in fact it's bad netiquette).

It's also less reliable in several ways. I do hope we make sure to host images ourselves.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I heard that after Vegas there will be a comp in Canada about 1000 km "north". I have also been invited to visit Peter and Jasmine in Washington. Combined that means a Washington-Vegas-Canada road trip for about 2.5 weeks. Anyone interested in joining?

(yes, I am just back from 1.5 year in Asia and already planning my next travel adventures)

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I heard that after Vegas there will be a comp in Canada about 1000 km "north". I have also been invited to visit Peter and Jasmine in Washington. Combined that means a Washington-Vegas-Canada road trip for about 2.5 weeks. Anyone interested in joining?

(yes, I am just back from 1.5 year in Asia and already planning my next travel adventures)

I can confirm that Vancouver's 'planning' to have a competition a week after Nats. Nothing definite yet, though.

Mudkip

Well, I could probably make it. I'll just wait till I'm a bit faster though, before going to such a big comp..

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

WOW That's quite a drive. Washington, DC is a 5 hour FLIGHT from Vegas. Have fun, you'll get to see many cornfields on your way. :p