• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2012

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I suppose we all know you've got 1st for 4-5BLD, its just how far you can push it now is your goal!
What about 3BLD or has the bigBLD practice made you a little suckish?

Only if I get a success and if the nerves don't get to me - accuracy isn't always great on the best of days. Today it was a frustratingly low day - about 2/9 I think. Usually its around 40-50%.

I don't practice 3BLD anywhere near as much and I'm still not great (in fact I'm selling all my 3x3x3s and getting a 6x6x6 after UKO) though accuracy is around 80-90%. Expecting around 1:30 maybe. :)

CHJ

WCA
2012HALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
With a bit of luck i could end up with silver! Dan will come first providing he doesnt fail which the chances are tiny, im thinking that imma get 1:15 (i hope)
Other medal threats are joey on a good day, mollerz if he can break the ridiculously long DNF streak, and ollie if you don't do as bad as you think

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Registration closes at the end of today. I will be spending time finalising the schedule and generating groups tomorrow so if your events have changed then please let me know ASAP otherwise I may reject your requests.

CHJ

WCA
2012HALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
AFAIK he quit BLD.

Gonna have to practice doing mega in the morning. Why does it have to be the first event :<

I know i shouldn't be happy to hear he has quit but knowing my chances have increased for a better medal is cool, especially as i still think im noob at blind (1:25 avg)

And do you think you could beat rob this time?

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know i shouldn't be happy to hear he has quit but knowing my chances have increased for a better medal is cool, especially as i still think im noob at blind (1:25 avg)

And do you think you could beat rob this time?

Oh I really hope so. I'm not sure which mega I'll be using though. Just have to see how it plays out on the day.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dan quitting BLD may make medals easier (I certainly wouldn't have as good a medal collection if he hadn't gradually stopped bothering with it), but his UK rankings will likely stand for a while. Hopefully I'll find the time to practice more, as it stands my rankings are looking to be on shaky ground. I'm looking forward to whatever comp I can attend next, BLD is really starting to get interesting in the UK.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In short, yes I stopped doing bld. I shan't go into the multitude of reasons again right now. I might or might not do 3bld at UKO.

I am excited that UK bld cubing is actually starting to take off finally. For years Joey was holding up the bld scene by himself (albeit only for 3bld). Then the last couple of years has essentially only been me (with a few others getting there slowly (no offense!)). I'm confident that the next year will see many more sub-2 solvers and more 4/5bld successes. Hopefully someone can get UK blders back near the top of the world again soon :)