• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Championship 2016 - 4-6 November - Bristol, UK

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Small announcement: Team H2H will take place during Sunday lunch (13:00 - 13:45). Only the top 16 in 3x3x3 first round have a guaranteed place. You are not forced to do it. If you do not wish to participate, your place will be given to the next highest ranked person in the first round of 3x3x3. I decide the teams on the day. Rules and stuff will be explained on the day.

Sorry that only 16 people can do it, but you are welcome to spectate and judge. This is a bit of a last minute thing. There's not that much time and also people need to eat their lunch :)

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Selling some cubes, some are unknown brands (didn't buy them off a website, bought them at random comps throughout my times). I'm not quitting or anything but I don't need more than 1 of each cube (excluding 3x3 of course). Not naming prices, not a clue what anything is worth. We can negotiate if youre interested.

Dayan Megaminx, Black with ridges
Calvin's Square-1 (unsolved, can't solve it lmao)
QJ Pyraminx
Lingao Master Magic (scrambled)
Regular Magic (needs restringing)
YJ GuanLong 3x3
White Gear Puzzle (unknown brand, missing red centre piece)
V-Cube 4, white pillowed
Unbranded 3x3 with BLD letters written on (good for learning to solve BLD)
Unbranded stickerless 3x3 (pink instead of red), turns pretty good for some weird chinese brand
Gans 356 Stickerless + Tension tool
2x ShengShou Mirror Blocks
4x4x6 cuboid
Fangshi Shuangren 3x3 (black caps on primary plastic to create illusion effect)
Curvy Copter
ShengShou 6x6
ShengShou 4x4
ShengShou 5x5
MoYu Liying
Dayan Zhanchi 50mm(?)
3x3x4 cuboid
Rubik's Clock (actually Rubik's brand not fake chinese)
Fake Chinese Clock (lingao brand, if anything it just proves that the Rubik's is genuined Rubik's)

I'd not really be surprised if half of the people who attend this competition remember the old Dayan and Shengshou cubes that we all used before Moyu came around (christ even the early Moyu cubes are getting old). I wonder if anyone remember the Fangshi days either? (I'm obviously not talking to you guys with the 2009 IDs who were here before even Dayan was).

Is the Rubik's Clock still the one everyone uses? Did anyone actually release a decent clock competitor? Oh well. Will bring all these with me so just send me a PM if you want something reserved.

EDIT: Has anyone got one of the Cubicle Labs M cubes with the magnets? I'd like to try one it sounds pretty cool :D

Last edited:

Faith Sinnott

It sounds silly but since I was going as a guest anyway I was going to learn to solve 2x2, 3x3 and pyraminx in that time so I could compete. I can't even solve 2x2 so can you take me from the competition list?

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think I'm going to be able to make this anymore - I haven't sorted anything out for travel, accommodation, etc. and it's just too much on top of everything else for me at the moment... Gutted as it's the first UKC/Open I'll miss since 2012.

Whatever happens, have a great weekend all and I'll try and organise another competition in Sheffield again soon!

Reactions: TDM
sorry if this is a bit late but can i be taken off fewest moves sine i cant make it for friday
i dont have a wca id but my name is hussain

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Arrrrr duuuuuude, why did I leave it this late to book everything, and why did I do so when I'm still unemployed, and whyyyyy did I book my train home Sunday to start at 22:10, and arrive 05:36 Monday morning. Oh how the wine talks.

This is definitely going to be the last comp I go to for a long while, I'm afraid.

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have some cubes for sale. If you're interested in any of these, just come up to me (or make a post here) and I'll give you a good price (below online shop prices). :)
  • Moyu AoShi 6x6 (white)
  • Moyu AoFu GT 7x7 (black; I have three of these for sale)
  • Moyu Magnetic Pyraminx (white)
  • Moyu Guanlong Square-1 (black)
  • Mofangge Thunderclap 3x3 (black)
Nearly all of them are untouched and still in their original packaging.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Arrrrr duuuuuude, why did I leave it this late to book everything, and why did I do so when I'm still unemployed, and whyyyyy did I book my train home Sunday to start at 22:10, and arrive 05:36 Monday morning. Oh how the wine talks.

This is definitely going to be the last comp I go to for a long while, I'm afraid.
That's one hell of a trip home.

Sorry for how late this is. The website kept on coming up with 'error' when I tried to do this yesterday. Can you sign me up for skewb? I thought I'd already put it on but apparently not. Could you please take me off for OH. Just coz I suck at it. And can you add on another guest because my sister was going to be a competitor but is now a guest. I hope this isn't too late... I love skewb....

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for how late this is. The website kept on coming up with 'error' when I tried to do this yesterday. Can you sign me up for skewb? I thought I'd already put it on but apparently not. Could you please take me off for OH. Just coz I suck at it. And can you add on another guest because my sister was going to be a competitor but is now a guest. I hope this isn't too late... I love skewb....
Sorry, it's too late to be added to events now. Guest changes are no issue - they can just turn up and pay their fee.

I have some cubes for sale. If you're interested in any of these, just come up to me (or make a post here) and I'll give you a good price (below online shop prices). :)
  • Moyu AoShi 6x6 (white)
  • Moyu AoFu GT 7x7 (black; I have three of these for sale)
  • Moyu Magnetic Pyraminx (white)
  • Moyu Guanlong Square-1 (black)
  • Mofangge Thunderclap 3x3 (black)
Nearly all of them are untouched and still in their original packaging.
im interested in all of these although how will i know its you tomorrow?

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Annoyed to be missing another UKC, especially as it seems like a couple of cool maths Youtubers are hanging out too, and in hindsight I might have actually been able to go for the first time since 2013. Hopefully I get some exciting cubecomps action at least. Have fun! :)