• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tyson Mao Retiring from WCA Board

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The topic is Tyson retiring, so people just saying "Thank you" look kind of mean.

Edit: Yeah, I know how it's meant, I just can't help myself :)

Thank you Tyson for all you've done for the community in general and for me personally. I hope you'll stay with us in smaller organizing roles and as a competitor (now you have time to practice again! :D)

Last edited:

Divineskulls

WCA
2011RECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
inb4 noob: 'Who's Tyson Mao?'

But seriously, there are no words, other than these ones, to explain how sad I am that he is leaving. But they say when one door closes, another opens.

And I'll help Felix as much as I can. :D it's not an easy job.

Natanrig

WCA
2011RIGG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, Tyson did amazing things for the Peruvian community, and through that for the whole Latin community.
These are things that few people know but maybe it is a good moment now to give him some credit:
- He funded his trip to Peru for the first competition here. We barely came up with about 25% of the ticket.
- He brought us 6 displays and plenty of timers if I remember correctly. Although we did pay for those, he put up the money initially and we paid back in comfortable installments. But getting the equipment into the country is so hard that just doing that is awesome.
- Along the next 2 years he donated more equipment to the Peruvian community and also helped us acquire more by setting up a way for us to raise funds while at the same time allowing us access to cubes at prices way below the ones at online stores. This helped the Peruvian community grow really fast.
- And personally, Tyson was always there to advise and teach me all sorts of valuable things.
Cubing would be very different in the world and in Peru were it not for Tyson. We will be ever thankful!