• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type A IV and V

Zubon

I got the type A V from popbuying.com

How long did your order take because I have been waiting a few weeks now.

When my order comes, I will post a review here on the Type A V.

Shipping to Japan took about 2 weeks. I know is sucks waiting but if you want cheep cubes, that is how it works.

It's kinda funny, I watch the tracking information and it takes 2 weeks of hanging around in China. Once it arrives at Narita airport, it arrives at my house within one day. The Japan postal service is so fast.

SlapShot

Just got home from work, and my A V from PopBuying came in the mail today.

Inside my bag was another smaller bag, and it contained a second set of center pieces, and a second core (regular type A, not the funny looking rounded one). And I did receive the center white sticker with the chinese symbol on it. I'm gonna put it together tomorrow before going to work.

I also ordered the Mahjongg cube. Not bad, but needs adjusting.
It's a Diansheng, the one that's lighter that usually has the painted on
colors.

SlapShot

Ah, SlapShot, how long did it take to arrive?

Because I ordered over 15, I got a tracking number. PopBuying says on their site that it was sent on Halloween. I checked my tracking number saturday night, and it never left china until the 11th. My package sat
for 11 days.

I've ordered from DX, FP and DP. It NEVER took that long. I hope this
is a one time glitch.

Caedus

Premium Member
I just got my PopBuying order. I ordered 2 weeks ago. Got a QJ 4x4, Tetraminx, and Megaminx.
The Megaminx is amazing (love the tiles), I love the 4x4, and I haven't tried the Tetraminx that much yet, but it feels great.
I also got a LanLan edges only cube. (Cool, but useless for speedsolving)
Then the final thing I got was a rainbow cube. Okay, but feels too light, and as a result feels cheap. Also, some stickers are not placed correctly, and catch on edges and are starting to come off.

Zubon

Inside my bag was another smaller bag, and it contained a second set of center pieces, and a second core (regular type A, not the funny looking rounded one). And I did receive the center white sticker with the chinese symbol on it. I'm gonna put it together tomorrow before going to work.

colors.

I also got that second bag with the center pieces and the core. I wonder why they did that? I have another order from C4U coming tomorrow and I ordered an extra set of Type A springs so Ill make the other core and compare them.

rookie

that's weird... i only got the round core. i would stick with that because that's the original design but i guess it won't hurt to try the other one as well... cubes are so cheap these days.

senopath

colors.

I also got that second bag with the center pieces and the core. I wonder why they did that? I have another order from C4U coming tomorrow and I ordered an extra set of Type A springs so Ill make the other core and compare them.

I'll love to see some picture..

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, my type A V finally arrived, I got the wierd core. D:

But, I assume its better, because it has more plastic, and thus more fortitude.
I've had a core break in half when the cube was dropped.

I like it so far, but its far too early to make a judgement.

Also, it's harder to use, and hold.
I lost my grip once or twice, because of the wierd corners.

Zubon

UPDATE: I just got some extra Type A springs and screws from C4U so I made another core with the extra center pieces and core that came with the Type A V from Popbuying.com.

I used the rounded core and the center pieces with the upside down U shape.

Wow, it is so much looser and faster that with the other core. I really like it so far, not any resistance when you flick one layer.
TRY IT!

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nope, the corners are not like pentrixters thread, they're very much like normal, conventional corners, except lighter, and cut corners better.

Zubon

And the plastic feels a lot higher quality and stronger that the Type A III.

Steyler

a v

i ordered an A V about a week ago from popbuying.com
hasnt gotten here yet :(