• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Toronto Limited, Spring 2016

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From canadianCUBING's Facebook page:
canadianCUBING said:
We are happy to finally announce the next Toronto competition. It is being held on April 30 at the YMCA in Toronto. Visit the website for all the information. Be sure to read carefully, things have changed.

To answer questions that many will likely have, yes, we are going back to the YMCA after all this time. In order to make that work, we decided we must limit the number of competitors. We chose 150. To ensure someone isn't taking a spot who isn't serious about coming, we need to have payment up front.

This approach is quite common in other parts of the world. However, it isn't what we desire to have. We very much liked the way we used to have competitions - open for all.

We will continue to search for a venue that is big enough, in the right location, with the right parameters to allow us to hold open competitions again in Toronto. But we needed to compromise while that quest continues as it was far too long between competitions as it was.

http://canadiancubing.com/Event/TLSP2016

Registration: http://canadiancubing.com/Event/TLSP2016/Registration

Date: April 30, 2016.

Events:
2x2x2
3x3x3
3x3x3 OH
5x5x5
Pyraminx
Skewb

Note: Registration is already full after one day.

Last edited:

Xtremecubing

WCA
2015HUGH02
It's been 24 hours and 143 of 150 spots have been taken, I registered one hour after registration opened and there were already 75 people signed up, the demand in Toronto is crazy.

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
Damn, how did this even happen ? 0_0. Less than a year ago toronto's biggest competition was 139 competitors or something. Then all of a sudden 250+ people go to a competition, and an 150 competitor limit is full in one day for the next!

I

IAmEpic2004

My guess is around another 150 people, except most of the people would've saw the competitor list and just gave up :p
I also liked it better when there were plenty of events and not many rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xtremecubing

WCA
2015HUGH02
So in the first round of OH, I got a 19 to start. It was 19.83 if I remember correctly. On cubecomps, this solve is listed as 14.83, which is wrong. I don't know if the judge's 9 looked like 4 or what, but it's not actually a 14. I'm wondering what I should do about this?
Thanks for your help

tarandeep5

WCA
2014MITT02
So in the first round of OH, I got a 19 to start. It was 19.83 if I remember correctly. On cubecomps, this solve is listed as 14.83, which is wrong. I don't know if the judge's 9 looked like 4 or what, but it's not actually a 14. I'm wondering what I should do about this?
Thanks for your help
Maybe message Dave about the problem? I'm pretty sure they keep scorecards from the competition.

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for your help
Use the contact form on the canadian cubing site and someone can check the scorecard.

BenBergen

WCA
2015BERG10
Hey, I know at this competition they said that they would announce the next Toronto competition at the end of first 3x3 round. Unfortunately I wasn't there at that time, and nothing seems to be up in Canadian Cubing's website yet. Does anybody have information on this?