• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] this guy'z krazy...(maru mini)

LewisJ

His inspection time is crazy. Also, it says 3cm cube. What size is the mini ds, the mini type D (owait, was that type C) and mini QJ?

You could EASILY look these up, you know. But for your convenience,
Mini C is 50mm
Mini QJ is 48mm
Mini DS is 45mm
Normal cube is 57mm

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have seen MUCH better averages of 5 on mini-cubes.
Some people actually believe that mini-cubes can get faster because you have to move the pieces less far. So with the same turning speed (cm/sec) you can have a higher turn count (turns/sec).
Some rather fast people are already using it for one-handed!

(I personally don't believe this advantage is enough to counter the disadvantages)

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
His inspection time is crazy. Also, it says 3cm cube. What size is the mini ds, the mini type D (owait, was that type C) and mini QJ?

Mini C is 50mm
Mini QJ is 48mm
Mini DS is 45mm
Normal cube is 57mm

I know I could, but I was hoping someone could tell me off the top off their head. I didn't want someone to go research it for me, and btw, I found this out a few minutes ago. Thanks anyway.

LewisJ

I know I could, but I was hoping someone could tell me off the top off their head. I didn't want someone to go research it for me, and btw, I found this out a few minutes ago. Thanks anyway.

So you posted, and then 3 hours later, without even checking to see if anybody had taken the time to tell you off the top of their head, you went to the extreme effort of going to c4y and reading the entire three pages that it takes to find out the sized of the 3 cubes. Why not just save yourself and everybody else the time by looking it up in the first place? It takes literally 30 seconds at the most to find the sizes of all 3 of those cubes.

Faz - yes, you should - get a mini C and a mini QJ, the mini C is good almost out of the box and the mini QJ is good once you break it in and clean and relube it, and I prefer either one to my mini DS

miniGOINGS

I thought that like the Mini C was half the size of the Regular C, but apparantly not... Is it a noticable difference?

Zubon

Mini C is 50mm
Mini QJ is 48mm
Mini DS is 45mm
Normal cube is 57mm

I have all of these cubes and I must say that I really like the smaller cubes. My main speed cube is Type A II which is a little smaller than regular 57mm cubes. The difference is tiny but you really feel it a lot.

Recently I got the mini QJ and mini C from cubeforyou and I love solving the mini C. I get very consistent averages with this cube.

Maybe with my regular cube, I have to reach more when doing tricky algorithms so I tend to mess up PLLs sometimes.

Mini cubes, seem faster to turn as there is less distance. The only drawback is M slice turns are harder and some people (not me) might find then fiddly to hold.

LewisJ

To settle you all arguing about cube sizes;
The edge length of the 30mm cube is slightly more than half that of a normal sized cube. The volume ((edge length)^3) is 0.1458x that of a normal sized cube.

And yes I find I am much more consistent on small cubes and maybe even faster overall. I sold my mini C to a friend but I play with my mini QJ a lot and I find it much easier to handle.

daniel0731ex

OK, here's a comparison:

ap_F23_20090510023929399.jpg