• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The rise of Chinese cubers? (Yiheng Wang (王艺衡) / Ruihang Xu (许瑞航) / Yezhen Han (韩业臻))

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ambassador of the GAN Speed Aces. Very impressive set of credentials for such a young age.
I can see a lot of the GAN Speed Aces team going on to break records, sort of like the mini GAN Gurus.
I edited my post to say this, but pure speculation: do you think we will see a new generation of Chinese speedsolvers break records and top the leaderboards? Right now the very top leaderboards are held by Western (American and to lesser extent European and Australian) cubers.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I edited my post to say this, but pure speculation: do you think we will see a new generation of Chinese speedsolvers break records and top the leaderboards? Right now the very top leaderboards are held by Western (American and to lesser extent European and Australian) cubers.

I can definitely see that happen.
The fact that GAN are the only company (I'm pretty sure) to invest in younger "potential" is definitely going to help them in the long run.
It will only be a matter of time but based on the potential in these younger speedcubers, GAN have made a good choice in nurturing them at a young age. Most record holders became speedcubers at a young age (e.g. Feliks, Max, Leo and countless others).

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can definitely see that happen.
The fact that GAN are the only company (I'm pretty sure) to invest in younger "potential" is definitely going to help them in the long run.
It will only be a matter of time but based on the potential in these younger speedcubers, GAN have made a good choice in nurturing them at a young age. Most record holders became speedcubers at a young age (e.g. Feliks, Max, Leo and countless others).

Yeah if I were qiyi or moyu I would be trying to sponsor younger cubers. It's not only speedcube shops that can sponsor people.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is probably due to the pandemic lockdowns not having comps but I noticed that a bunch of Chinese speedcubers all set their records this year

IDK how many were already on the top 100 but it'll be interesting to check back in a year or so

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is probably due to the pandemic lockdowns not having comps but I noticed that a bunch of Chinese speedcubers all set their records this year

IDK how many were already on the top 100 but it'll be interesting to check back in a year or so

There were a few Chinese comps over the last few weeks, but then again, there were quite a few in Australia as well (I think) so I wouldn't say it's primarily due to the pandemic.

DNF_Cuber

Honestly, in 10 or so years, Leo Borromeo and Yiheng wang will achieve sub 2 on 3x3.
let's see. Right now, about ~25 moves is the best elite FMC solvers can do consistently. And the fastest possible TPS is probably around 16 in an actual speedsolve, but with such an efficient method, the TPS limit goes down hard. That is totally ridiculous and easily debunked.

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
let's see. Right now, about ~25 moves is the best elite FMC solvers can do consistently. And the fastest possible TPS is probably around 16 in an actual speedsolve, but with such an efficient method, the TPS limit goes down hard. That is totally ridiculous and easily debunked.
I think your thought process doesn't link whatsoever to your final thought.

I think with "becoming sub-2" you would need to have good look ahead leading to faster TPS meaning that you would of course solve the cube quicker. Your "FMC" talk doesn't really matter to this as its not like that matters? Please correct me if I am wrong

DNF_Cuber

Your "FMC" talk doesn't really matter to this as its not like that matters? Please correct me if I am wrong
it does matter, because to be sub 2 you would need to solve in like 1/3 of the moves CFOP uses. You can't physically turn at the 30 tps it would take to get sub 2 with CFOP, much less lookahead during that.
TL;DR tps(movecount)=solve time