• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Great Cubing Debate

Hey! This is a place where you can post a contreversial cubing question. The catch is you have to answer the previous one. Example, I ask a question, you have to answer it and provide another big question. Make sure to copy and paste this paragraph into yours so everyone can read the rules. Thanks!

Question: What do you consider your average? Your average in comp or your average of 100 or more?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Answer: I'd say your average in comp is what your average is, but average of 100 might be more reliable.

Question: If you were to get a WR average, would you get it in your favourite event, which you more knowledge on, or any other event which you don't have much knowledge on.

Answer: I'd say your average in comp is what your average is, but average of 100 might be more reliable.

Question: If you were to get a WR average, would you get it in your favourite event, which you more knowledge on, or any other event which you don't have much knowledge on.

Make sure you copy and paste the first paragraph into your reply.

Hey! This is a place where you can post a controversial cubing question. The catch is you have to answer the previous one. Example, I ask a question, you have to answer it and provide another big question. Make sure to copy and paste this paragraph into yours so everyone can read the rules. Thanks!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Hey! This is a place where you can post a controversial cubing question. The catch is you have to answer the previous one. Example, I ask a question, you have to answer it and provide another big question. Make sure to copy and paste this paragraph into yours so everyone can read the rules. Thanks!

Answer: I'd go for another event, just for the sum of ranks. If I have a lot of knowledge in a particular event, I likely am already ranked pretty highly for it. Therefore, it would be much more beneficial for my sum of ranks (and still a bit more beneficial for my Kinchranks) to get a world record in an event where I don't already have a good ranking.

Question: Who do you consider the better cuber: an all around good cuber with a top-10 sum of ranks/Kinchranks, or a cuber with a couple world records who is bad at or doesn't do many other events?

WCA
2017WENR01

Answer: A all round cuber, a cuber with a couple of records may just be lucky.
Question: ????

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Answer: I'd go for another event, just for the sum of ranks. If I have a lot of knowledge in a particular event, I likely am already ranked pretty highly for it. Therefore, it would be much more beneficial for my sum of ranks (and still a bit more beneficial for my Kinchranks) to get a world record in an event where I don't already have a good ranking.

Question: Who do you consider the better cuber: an all around good cuber with a top-10 sum of ranks/Kinchranks, or a cuber with a couple world records who is bad at or doesn't do many other events?

Answer: An all around good cuber with a top 10 kinchranks is the better cuber because they aren't just relying on luck and the have a wide variety of skillsets.

Question: What would you consider world class in terms of rankings? Does it change based on the event?

Answer: An all around good cuber with a top 10 kinchranks is the better cuber because they aren't just relying on luck and the have a wide variety of skillsets.

Question: What would you consider world class in terms of rankings? Does it change based on the event?

Answer: I'm not sure for all events but for 3x3, top 100. I think if you have a chance, big or small, of getting a world record or national record, you are world class.

Question: Why are there more male cubers than female?

WCA
2017WENR01
Answer: Males have stronger fingers and better logic, I guess.(a girl in my school does better big cubes than me)
Question: Why is CFOP so popular?

Hey! This is a place where you can post a contreversial cubing question. The catch is you have to answer the previous one. Example, I ask a question, you have to answer it and provide another big question. Make sure to copy and paste this paragraph into yours so everyone can read the rules. Thanks!

Anser: Because it is easy to transition to from LBL, and a few other reasons.
Question: Why is cubing unpopular with most of the world?

WCA
2017WENR01

Answer: Because people think:" Oh I cracked the cube lets move on"
Question: Why is LBL so popular over Corners First(my first method)? :p

WCA
2017OSTD02

Answer: Yes, good exposure for cubing

Question: What event, if any, should be added to the WCA?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, on my device it is hard to copy and paste paragraphs. I don't see why it is necessary though read|^

I think kilominx is the only reasonable option at the moment, I wouldn't mind redi cube (if qiyi or yuxin make one as well) or 2x2x3 (if moyu or yuxin make one as well) but kilominx hardware needs improvement and neither moyu or qiyi or yuxin have released one.

At what average should a Cuber learn full PLL

WCA
2017WENR01

Sub 30, that's when I learned PLL. Sub 20, OLL. First sub 5 solve(super lucky, full LL skip) then got bored and started learning Roux.

When is a good time to learn full CMLL roux??

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL or VLS?

Both, just use the best, easiest to recognize cases from both sets when they pop up, generally speaking don't put that much effort into forcing them or setting them up unless it's very short and easy.

Why are people so desperate to add new events when there are several events that we should drop like we dropped Magic? I'm looking at you Clock and Feet.

Answer: I think that clock should be dropped if no new hardware is coming out.
Question: What is the best comp in the US other than Nationals?