• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The free coaching thread

What is this thread?

It's a thread for people to get in touch to cubing coaches for free.

Wat? Why on Earth would I coach for FREE??

Welp you don't need to do it if you don't want to. But maybe you want to experiment, you want to do it for fun, to practice, gain experience, build a portfolio, have testimonials and credibility.

Rules:

If you are willing to coach:
post here your averages, how long you cube and what events you can teach. Also post your methodologies and who you already taught. Additionally post how many disciples you can have;

If you want a coach: accordingly, post what you average and what are your goals. Post your progression thread too if you have one.

If you got yourself a partner, get in touch by DM or other means. (don't make coaching here to not pollute the thread)

---------

I hope this thread is useful for the community and to be of benefit to you

Have fun!
I want a coach: I am sub 1:30 on 3bld with three style, want to get sub 30 by 2021 end

John_NOTgood

A place where I try to find funny phrases
I'll coach square-1. I use Vandenburgh and average around 12-13 seconds, currently learning CSP. I'll also coach pretty much anything else but square-1 is where I could help you out the most.
I'm interested in a coach for Square-1 if you are still open for it, I average around 24-25 secs although I sometimes get times in the 30s or even 40s because of my turning. I know Full EO and CP, and a couple EP's and Cubeshapes

lawofthecube

Hi, I am very thankful for all the community/YT help and stuff. I'm disabled and it's really hard for me to process thinking and remember. About 2 years ago I was at Target and grabbed a 3x3 and found out really quickly it sucked and was really bad at even the basic method! So I bought a cubicle $3 cube and learned the basic way which by the way I might have been the worst ever at the beginner method :confused: :?...lol

Then slowely I got a 2x2 - 7x7 and the Pyra. The whole time always telling myself over and over to never do the speedcubing method cause I probably couldn't remember all those algs etc...

Then because I figured out and did a cheat sheet for all those twisty puzzles in basic reduction (See attatched), I thought, hey, maybe I could try the 4LLL and so I got a Gan XS which seemed pretty good. It took about two months to remember the whole thing and could solve in about a minute when I tried the Rubiks smart cube. After all this I felt I could go ahead and do the Full CFOP and bought the Gan M Pro, which for me was SOOOO much better than the XS and I started on 8/15/21 which alternately is very special day for me but by chance that was the day I committed to try my best on 3x3 Full CFOP! About a month later I figured out two things with the help of the community/YT and that was to learn PLL first which took me about 5 months to get great recognition, orientation and decent execution by heart. Well, I still have a lot of practice to be totally "cheat sheet" free with PLL. The second thing I found out is it would be good to learn Color Neutrality and I didn't do two at a time necessarily, I just did them all at once and have almost made white equal as the other colors. So basically my solves came to complete halt :rolleyes:...lol

I noticed it was really hard to keep switching back and forth from web page to pdf etc so I spent the time to do a excel sheet (See attached), with everything on it including links so I could have half my screen my excel study guide and the other cstimer which made it so much more easy for me with my hard time thinking and remembering. I don't do timing yet as I'm just in "full time college speed cubing training" learning all the steps but I have a timer and mat so when I feel it's a good idea to start timing I'll be ready. Now I'm studying/practicing the OLL's and I guess it's kinda like the PLL, finding a good alg, recognizing, orientation and executing. I've had to go through all the OLL's several times refining to better algs but I think I've found some good one's too, hopefully/eventualy, be able to solve by heart Full CFOP!?

I've learned Full Advanced F2L with only 4 rotations max (About), not fast or even medium speed but pretty good and have JPerm's "Best F2L Algorithims" ready for when I want to be even better at F2L. I've also learned keyhole, block building and have learned in atleast theory the other advanced F2L techniques so basically I took on too much cause I get bored with just doing PLL/OLL drills and figure it's best to get a head start...

After I'm better at F2L and OLL I'll put all my time into Cross which seems the hardest of all of them cause like F2L corners and edges move around while solving but I'm actually excited the most about Cross and it's 190,000 cases or whatever...

I would want some training in the future if anyone thinks their personality might match up with mine. I have a sense of humor and am mostly an intuitive person not at all intellectual and I listen and watch very closely to my teachers and guides...

Thank you again to this community and for this thread...

Kelly

Attachments

• My Cubing Tools.zip
    445.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Lunarex

Want a Coach
I avg around sub 35 on 3x3 using cfop but I been getting more frequent sub 30 solves. My main goal is to get sub 20 or beyond that if I progress faster.

I would be able to coach somebody for 3x3 or 2x2. I average sub-12 on 3x3 (CFOP) and Sub-5 on 2x2 (Ortega). If you average over 14 seconds for 3x3 I would be happy to coach you, or if you average over 6 seconds on 2x2. Just PM me, and I'll be happy to set something up.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
anyone willing to coach an old dog?

I need help with:

mehta method (40ish seconds)
roux method (best average of 12 -> 31.94)
zz method (best avg5 -> sub20 need to work on eocross)
3x3OH (any method that makes me improve, current average with cfop: 40~50seconds, pb single 28sec.)
4x4 (best single: 1:56:33)
megaminx (5min single)

I can provide videos of average and text descriptions of troubles I face

Brouxt Force

anyone willing to coach an old dog?

I need help with:

mehta method (40ish seconds)
roux method (best average of 12 -> 31.94)
zz method (best avg5 -> sub20 need to work on eocross)
3x3OH (any method that makes me improve, current average with cfop: 40~50seconds, pb single 28sec.)
4x4 (best single: 1:56:33)
megaminx (5min single)

I can provide videos of average and text descriptions of troubles I face
I'm willing to help you with the Roux method.

Swagrid

YouTube
Visit Channel
zz method (best avg5 -> sub20 need to work on eocross
If you send me some eocross solutions, maybe like an ao5 of just eocross (preferable with your thought process included, what you saw, why you did what you did etc) I could try to help. I'm not the greatest but I can plan full eocross and, in practice sessions, average 9.6 moves

SanaySub25

I wouldn't mind a coach. I average 12-13 seconds on 3x3, 21-25 seconds OH (with CFOP), and my long term goals are sub 6 3x3 and and sub-10 OH. I've been cubing for 6 months and you can find my progression thread called: MJbakas Progression Thread
Whaaaà?? I've been cubing for 2 years and I am still sub 25 on 3x3!? Man u are a fast learner!

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you send me some eocross solutions, maybe like an ao5 of just eocross (preferable with your thought process included, what you saw, why you did what you did etc) I could try to help. I'm not the greatest but I can plan full eocross and, in practice sessions, average 9.6 moves
if you are not the greatest I don't know who is TYSM for the help!

GodCubing

I've been stuck at 15-16 with roux for about 10 months. I learned roux and got to 15-16 seconds in 4 months then plateaued. Would anyone be willing to watch my solves and give some feedback?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bump but I am willing to coach anyone for big cubes/mega. @gsingh and @Cuberstache I would appreciate some tips in case something isn't clicking for the person that I am coaching.
5x5 average: under 1:20, use the redux method (plan on switching to yau5 soon)
6x6 average: under 2:30, use redux
7x7 average: under 3:30, use redux
mega average: under 1 minute on most days, pll recog can make me average over a minute. I use the Westlund method and have a restricted S2L order, am working to have an unrestricted s2l order soon.

Arcanist

Bump but I am willing to coach anyone for big cubes/mega. @gsingh and @Cuberstache I would appreciate some tips in case something isn't clicking for the person that I am coaching.
5x5 average: under 1:20, use the redux method (plan on switching to yau5 soon)
6x6 average: under 2:30, use redux
7x7 average: under 3:30, use redux
mega average: under 1 minute on most days, pll recog can make me average over a minute. I use the Westlund method and have a restricted S2L order, am working to have an unrestricted s2l order soon.
I might be interested in mega coaching. Rn I'm mainly focused on 3x3 though. My pb single for mega is like barely sub 5. (though I haven't done a timed solve in maybe 8 months)