• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The brand name ranking thread

Which brand of Cube?

• Alpha

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Eastsheen

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Maru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dayan

Votes: 104 78.8%
  • Ghost Hand

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Rubik's

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • ShenEn

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • ShengShou

Votes: 16 12.1%

• Total voters

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll go the reverse:

Looking at my (Main-) Cubes there is:

3x3 Dayan Guhong
4x4 Shengshou
5x5 Shengshou
6x6 Shengshou
7x7 V-Cube

I could live without my Guhong, because of many other good 3x3 brands...but without my Shengshous? I think not...adding, that the 7x7 Shengshou will come (I hope :p)

So yeah: Shengshou

mrpotatoman14

Shengshou is best overall. They have arguably the best 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 and unarguably the best 8x8.(You see what I did there, cuz they have the only 8x8 therefore no one has a better one. I r so funny.) Also the 2x2 isn't terrible.

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll go the reverse:

Looking at my (Main-) Cubes there is:

3x3 Dayan Guhong
4x4 Shengshou
5x5 Shengshou
6x6 Shengshou
7x7 V-Cube

I could live without my Guhong, because of many other good 3x3 brands...but without my Shengshous? I think not...adding, that the 7x7 Shengshou will come (I hope :p)

So yeah: Shengshou

They are saying beginning of March on 51morefun.com so it should be released in less than 2 weeks, though

moogra

When I first entered this thread I took the thread to mean best brand for 3x3x3, which for me is Dayan. Then again, I barely ever solve cubes higher than 4x4x4 so I cannot and should not make any decisions regarding bigger cubes.

Cubeimpact

yes. I do mean in general, but, vote according to your experiences. I have had experience with only 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4. So no prob. :)

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
I went with Alpha, but only because the only other cube I've ever tried was a Rubik's Storebought. ...yeah.