• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub-10 fail

Thumbprint

So I average around 20 seconds, so you may be thinking, "how is this going to be a sub 10 fail?" and you would be right, but I just got the luckiest scramble I've ever seen.
D2 L2 U' F2 D' L2 F2 U' R2 U' R' B L U' F D B R2 D' F
(I don't know how to do reconstructions properly so sorry in advance)
White bottom green front
F2 R' F' D'
Rotate to the right
Insert blue-orange pair
Rw U' Rw'
Insert orange-green pair
Rotate to the left
Insert red-green pair into the back first
Insert blue-red pair
Fw R U R' U' Fw'
Jb perm
Final time: 13.25
Now this is decently far away from being sub-10, but I do believe I could have made it. I was doing slow solves at the time, mainly focusing on look-ahead and being more efficient, so I was turning around 3 or four tps and didn't really think too much about how LITERALLY EVERY F2L PAIR WAS FREE. I only started actually turning when I got too OLL. I used 2-look oll, so it was insanely lucky for the usual edge orienting alg to fully solve OLL and give me a j perm. I also unfortunately locked up a lot on the j perm which maybe added about another second. Overall: I am very salty since it is my dream to get a sub-10 solve, but I just have to hope for another chance in the future.

Thumbprint

I've had DOZENS of actual fails before getting my first sub 10. I had around 30 sub 10.5 solves, and two sub 10 +2 solves before getting my first sub 10. This isn't really a "fail" to be frank.
"i'Ve haD DOZENS oF ACTUAL sUB-10 fAilS bEforE"--🤓. I don't have a problem with you pointing out that it wasn't necessarily a "sub-10 fail" but I do have a problem with you acting like you're better than me because you're faster. No one thinks your multiple plus 2's are cool. Stop flexing your fail record and talking down to me like I'm a child who doesn't know what they're doing. "That not an actual fail" Like jeez, that's gonna make me SO motivated to keep trying. I can acknowledge my mistake of naming the thread "sub-10 fail" because it wasn't a guaranteed sub-10 that I choked, merely an opportunity that I didn't grab hold of. I'm just trying to enjoy my cubing experiences, you don't have to put me down.

WCA
2022WEIP01
So I average around 20 seconds, so you may be thinking, "how is this going to be a sub 10 fail?" and you would be right, but I just got the luckiest scramble I've ever seen.
White bottom green front
F2 R' F' D'
Rotate to the right
Insert blue-orange pair
Rw U' Rw'
Insert orange-green pair
Rotate to the left
Insert blue-red pair
Fw R U R' U' Fw'
Jb perm
Now this is decently far away from being sub-10, but I do believe I could have made it. I was doing slow solves at the time, mainly focusing on look-ahead and being more efficient, so I was turning around 3 or four tps and didn't really think too much about how LITERALLY EVERY F2L PAIR WAS FREE. I only started actually turning when I got too OLL. I used 2-look oll, so it was insanely lucky for the usual edge orienting alg to fully solve OLL and give me a j perm. I also unfortunately locked up a lot on the j perm which maybe added about another second. Overall: I am very salty since it is my dream to get a sub-10 solve, but I just have to hope for another chance in the future.
I tried reconstructing it for you, and the cross solution isn't correct

Thumbprint

I tried reconstructing it for you, and the cross solution isn't correct
Oops that was my bad. After rotating the first time and inserting orange-blue, you're supposed to rotate again so you can do the blue cross piece. I didn't notice that I did that thanks for pointing it out.

WCA
2022WEIP01
White bottom green front
F2 R' F' D'
Rotate to the right
Insert blue-orange pair
Rw U' Rw'
Insert orange-green pair
Rotate to the left
Insert blue-red pair
Fw R U R' U' Fw'
Jb perm
When do you do Rw U' Rw'?
First part of recon: https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=D2_L2...n F2_R-_F-_D-_y_R_U2_R-_F_R-_F-//x-cross

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
"i'Ve haD DOZENS oF ACTUAL sUB-10 fAilS bEforE"--🤓. I don't have a problem with you pointing out that it wasn't necessarily a "sub-10 fail" but I do have a problem with you acting like you're better than me because you're faster. No one thinks your multiple plus 2's are cool. Stop flexing your fail record and talking down to me like I'm a child who doesn't know what they're doing. "That not an actual fail" Like jeez, that's gonna make me SO motivated to keep trying. I can acknowledge my mistake of naming the thread "sub-10 fail" because it wasn't a guaranteed sub-10 that I choked, merely an opportunity that I didn't grab hold of. I'm just trying to enjoy my cubing experiences, you don't have to put me down.
Just saying, you're probably going to experience much worse fails than this one, multiple times, before you actually accomplish your goal of getting a sub 10 single

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
No offense but being a TPS god duck zzoomer is kind of better then all of us. I also don't think he was flexing. We know he's good (being a duck and all) so a sub-10 is very achievable for him. It's not a flex to point out that you've had multiple milestone fails.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No offense but being a TPS god duck zzoomer is kind of better then all of us. I also don't think he was flexing. We know he's good (being a duck and all) so a sub-10 is very achievable for him. It's not a flex to point out that you've had multiple milestone fails.
We have to accept our sad reality that we are mere humans, and will never get up to the duck standard. ):