• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickered gan cubes.

JTM007

I've noticed that majority of gan users prefer the stickered version, how come?
I've already wanted to know what's so good about the stickered version.

JTM007

I don‘t think that‘s even true.
I think it is actually.
A lot of stickered gan cubes on daily puzzles are sold out whilst the stickerless version aren't.
That proves the stickered versions are more popular. And top speed cubers like Felix zemdegs and Dani yi use stickered.

I think it is actually.
A lot of stickered gan cubes on daily puzzles are sold out whilst the stickerless version aren't.
That proves the stickered versions are more popular. And top speed cubers like Felix zemdegs and Dani yi use stickered.
Yeah, DailyPuzzles don't really represent the whole community.

IwasHere

I dont think that this is true. I know that Feliks mostly uses stickered cubes, and cyoubx has them in stickered, too, but other then that, I think most of the gan cubes I have seen ( at least since there are sickerless ones) where stickerless. I personaly have all of my cubes(other then my first rubiks brand and a yuxin little magic), including gan ones in stickerless.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
With regards to the DailyPuzzles thing, we don't really know how much stock they had for each, they may have more stickerless.

We may have seen people recently change to stickerless due to the new matte plastic, which does eventually get grippy over time. I will likely switch to stickered, especially since I have seen an increase in grip using my new stickered 2x2 over what was a stickerless matte tengyun. It's all personal preference, but I agree that influencers play a large role in promoting a specific type. Many YouTube cubers use stickered, and it is likely that their links in their descriptions are for the stickered version, so many factors come into play. I wouldn't say one is more popular than the other though.

D

Deleted member 54663

I think stickerless is better all the way, looking better and being more easy to handle. The only place I liked stickered is on pyraminx and some non-wca puzzles

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
And top speed cubers like Felix zemdegs and Dani yi use stickered.
That's just because they have been cubing since before 2015, back when stickerless was banned. They are used to stickered, so thats why they prefer stickered. I also think its because GAN can't figure how to make the same exact cube for stickered and stickerless cubes for some obscure reason that probably isn't even a good one. Some people say that they can tell for every single cube, but the only cube that is confirmed to be different from stickered to stickerless versions is the 251 since they are different weights (watch Tingman's video about the 251, but take his opinions with a grain of salt on the performance since he is blinded by fanboy glasses).

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Stickerless plays a more and more important role nowadays, they're popular in mass market mainly because it will not worn out.
I do agree @Sub1Hour 's opinion that top cubers are used to stickered. It's easier to observe and less likely to slippery.
P.S. Gan may release a new stickerless finish in coming flagship.

Z

Zubin Park

I use GAN cubes for 3x3, and they're all stickerless, except for my old SM. However, I like stickered a bit better, but they chip easily when I use it, and they don't look as nice. I sent over my X to SCS for their PVC coating, and I asked for the crystal clear overlays, which are clear stickers that feel and perform like stickers, but don't chip or tear with my normal usage of the cube. I'm planning to send a couple more cubes over there because it feels much nicer than a stickered cube without sacrificing the look or the durability of the stickers. Basically, I'm saying that the PVC coating may be something faster cubers who like stickered cubes should take a look at.

YouTube
Visit Channel

i jumped from stickered to stickerless when the Valk M first cake out as it was a far superior cube. before that I always had better recognition with stickered cubes but after using the stickerless Valk M as my main for a few months and to this day I have better recognition with stickerless now. Some cubes are not even made stickered now like the Moyu GTS3M. A lot of people still prefer stickered but it’s true as of last year that the majority of 3x3x3 cubes used in comp are stickerless now. I still honestly feel it’s what you personally have best recognition with. I buy all my irregular cubes stickered because I can see the cuts better :)