• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Statistical question: Hand used in OH?

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Robert271291
erm. i don't think this is relevant unless we have a proof. i think the right handers for oh are still right handed in normal solves
:confused: I'm mostly left handed in normal solves but I use my right hand for OH cubing... But yeah, some people who are left/right handed in normal and OH solves.

BTW there was a video of a 17.66 OH solve from Yumu Tabuchi, which was uploaded onto youtube by Yu Nakajima, but he deleted it after some time...

Last edited:

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
PedroSG
I believe most people use their non-dominant hand for OH, including me. There are more righties than lefties in the world, so results have nothing to do with it.
I believe most people use the left hand because it's easier to do R,U algs, which we use more in 2H cubing

but I have some friends who preferred to mirror basically everything and use the right hand...

miniGOINGS

I believe most people use the left hand because it's easier to do R,U algs, which we use more in 2H cubing

but I have some friends who preferred to mirror basically everything and use the right hand...
I use OH Roux, although I only average 2 minutes with it.

blah

brah
WCA
2009LIAN03
YouTube
blahcel
I thought this was really silly. Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to find out if these cubers are using their dominant or non-dominant hand? Left and right really don't mean much.

If I remember correctly, Rama's dominant hand is his left, and he does OH with his left; Nakaji's dominant hand is his right, but he also does OH with his left. So, really, this left/right thing is quite meaningless, isn't it? :confused:

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
speedcubingro
thanks guys. but it was just a curiosity for the top 25 oh cubers.

i average about 1min RH 1:30 LH now. My right hand is much better right now, but over the long run i think i'll switch to left

TomZ

I think the reason so many people use left is that most algorithms are calibrated to be executed (2H) by right-handed people and when you move to 1H those algorithms are easier to preform with left than right.