• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stackmat timer and CsTimer issue

SamVorst

Hi all, I have a Stackmat G4 timer and would to connect it to CsTimer, I have bougth a mic adapter so it should be work.
Now is the problem that my timer sometimes record 0.04 or 0.05 etc. And sometimes works it just fine.
I don't know how to fix this, and i changed the batteries to new ones with no succes.
Can somebody help me?

Sam

kawam1123

WCA
2018KAWA05
I have encountered the same issue when I tried to connect a stacktimer to csTimer on my desktop PC.
idk what exactly causes the issue, but you can try to change your audio cable (stereo mini cable with 3.5 mm plug).
This somehow worked for me.

One of my friend cubers suppose it may cause by some noise from the cable.

Wiko

I also have this problem. I change the cable 3 times and the same happens. I bought 2 cables myself and a friend lent me one.

jaredlucas

Hey, I've got a stackmat showing up tomorrow. I'm not sure whether this helps, but it's possible that your pc needs something like a mic / headphones splitter between the pc and the timer. I've had to do that in some other cases. It's related to the input being dual purpose. I can test it with and without that splitter tomorrow.

noobcuber22

Hi all, I have a Stackmat G4 timer and would to connect it to CsTimer, I have bougth a mic adapter so it should be work.
Now is the problem that my timer sometimes record 0.04 or 0.05 etc. And sometimes works it just fine.
I don't know how to fix this, and i changed the batteries to new ones with no succes.
Can somebody help me?

Sam
wait, how do you connect a stackmat timer to CsTimer?

jaredlucas

wait, how do you connect a stackmat timer to CsTimer?
You can connect to your pc with a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm cable. You will likely need some kind of splitter if you're plugging into a mic/headphones port rather than a dedicated mic port.