• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Spring Swap in Yuxin Blue 4x4?

Elde

I'm wondering if the Maru Soft Springs would work in a spring swap for the Yuxin Blue 4x4?
I've heard that you should use Qiyi Thunderclap springs, but will Maru springs work instead?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I'm wondering if the Maru Soft Springs would work in a spring swap for the Yuxin Blue 4x4?
I've heard that you should use Qiyi Thunderclap springs, but will Maru springs work instead?
The maru soft springs will work in the Yuxin Blue. I have both and have tried both in my Yuxin Blue 4x4, and personally like the Thunderclap springs over the Maru, but both of them are great options, so feel free to experiment and see what you like best.

The maru soft springs will work in the Yuxin Blue. I have both and have tried both in my Yuxin Blue 4x4, and personally like the Thunderclap springs over the Maru, but both of them are great options, so feel free to experiment and see what you like best.

I can't find these springs available online anywhere, they seem to be out of stock. Any idea where to get the thunderclap springs from?

You used to be able to buy just the springs. Buying the whole cube seems to defeat the purpose of making a cheap cube good. Also, are the 3x3 springs the same as the 4x4 springs?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
You used to be able to buy just the springs. Buying the whole cube seems to defeat the purpose of making a cheap cube good. Also, are the 3x3 springs the same as the 4x4 springs?
There are few, if any, 4x4s better than a magnetic Yuxin Blue with Thunderclap springs. The Thunderclap 3x3 is a good cube, not necessarily a great one anymore. Put the Blue springs in the TC and you’ll have a serviceable 3x3. Put the TC springs in the Blue, along with 48 of these on the outer slice and 48 of these on the inner slice, and lube with 4-5 drops of Silk and 2-3 drops of DNM-37. Best 4x4 money can’t buy.