• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Spokane Summer 2021 - August 28, 2021 (Spokane, WA, USA) - Registration opens 7/24 @ 6pm PDT

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Super-excited to announce that Spokane Summer 2021 has been approved and the site is now open:

We'll be having a limit of 60 competitors across 7 events. If you've been to previous Spokane competitions, we've got a much nicer, larger facility for this one. LOTS of room for people to spread out.

Registration opens July 24 @ 6pm PDT. Hope to see you there!

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Super-excited to announce that Spokane Summer 2021 has been approved and the site is now open:

We'll be having a limit of 60 competitors across 7 events. If you've been to previous Spokane competitions, we've got a much nicer, larger facility for this one. LOTS of room for people to spread out.

Registration opens July 24 @ 6pm PDT. Hope to see you there!
Yayyy, finally a PNW comp! And I'm glad to hear that you got a larger venue lol, the previous Spokane comps were all pretty small. I have a family trip on the other side of the state the day after so I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yayyy, finally a PNW comp! And I'm glad to hear that you got a larger venue lol, the previous Spokane comps were all pretty small. I have a family trip on the other side of the state the day after so I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go
First Washington comp in 18 months AND we're doing mega - and you might not be there? Gimme a break. Start the family trip a day or two early, get yourself to Spokane, E. C'mon!

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE:

The WCA Board has announced new COVID regulations that will be in effect for Spokane Summer 2021. Due to an increase in the number of cases in the US, we will now be requiring proof of full vaccination* or proof of a negative COVID test within 96 hours of the start of the competition. This applies to ALL people entering the venue -competitors and guests alike. It is possible that the board could require cancelling the competition should the numbers get worse. In the event that happens, all registrations would be fully refunded.

* - meaning two weeks have passed since your last dose of either the 1-dose or 2-dose course of vaccine.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For clarification, this requirement hasn't 100% been determined for Spokane Summer yet by the WCA board; however, given the current trajectory of COVID cases in the US, it is very likely to be a requirement if the competition isn't cancelled.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
For clarification, this requirement hasn't 100% been determined for Spokane Summer yet by the WCA board; however, given the current trajectory of COVID cases in the US, it is very likely to be a requirement if the competition isn't cancelled.
We're above the 100 per million threshold. While we haven't been officially emailed yet, there's basically no chance the regulation isn't in effect for the competition.