• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Speedcubing in freefall

Dan Knights drilled a hole in the cube and tied the cube to him. That's assistance. SOLVE DOES NOT COUNT KTHX

comady25

I'll post it here instead so I don't hijack the other thread.

Sorry. As a cuber who has solved a cube in freefall, I don't consider your solve as beating Dan Knights. As you said, you were sitting in a boat which cut out a lot of wind resistance. It's easy to tell how much easier it was for you to solve the cube than it was for either me, Jimmy or Dan. In order to hold the UWR I would require that you freefall (solo or tandem) with just a parachute and the reserve and no tools can be used to assist you with your solve (in your case, the boat). But that's just me.

Dan Knights, Jimmy Coll and I did true free fall solves without any outside assistance. So far, I would say that we are the only three cubers eligible for the UWR.

Either way, congratulations on your solve. It looks like you had fun.

@ajmorgan25 man dont be so competitive

Talk about extreme sports!

C

Cube-tacular

imagine doing that with one of Fisher's massive cubes. also, to people who have been saying utter rubbish, this probably wasn't a competeion, it was just to have a gret experiance.

MiSenIn

Is it a video ?

Ohh i know , but i cannot view the video, it just display a cannot-load image,showing .
Maybe i need download the player.but IE nothing tip me